Assembled Systems

I build computer systems as well as doing repairs. Would it be possible to have AyaNova v3 have a computer as a “Single Unit” made from several parts each with serial numbers. I could then PM the whole computer and identify the individual parts (especially for warranty in case a part has been changed by the customer).

What will be the recommendation will be is as you wish to maintain service for the components of each computer would be to localized the Clients fields to reflect that each is a computer. The present Units would be localized to reflect that each is a component of that computer. The present Head Office would be the person you have sold the computer to. (note: this is also possible with the present AyaNova CE, other than you can not localize the user interface to reflect Clients are Computers etc)

Present AyaNova setup:

HeadOffice1
-------->Client1
------>Unit1
------>Unit2
------>Unit3
-------->Client2
------>Unit1
------>Unit2
------>Unit3
-------->Client3
------>Unit1
------>Unit2
------>Unit3
HeadOffice2
-------->Client1
------>Unit1
------>Unit2
------>Unit3
-------->Client2
------>Unit1
------>Unit2
------>Unit3
-------->Client3
------>Unit1
------>Unit2
------>Unit3

You would localize the above to:

Customer1
-------->Computer1
------>Component1
------>Component2
------>Component3
-------->Computer2
------>Component1
------>Component2
------>Component3
-------->Computer3
------>Component1
------>Component2
------>Component3
Customer2
-------->Computer1
------>Component1
------>Component2
------>Component3
-------->Computer2
------>Component1

Thankyou for the great tech support, I am only new to this software but find it to be excellent for what I do. I’ve been very busy (and a bit slack) and should have read the manual, hope I haven’t wasted your time. Actually, the program is so logical I was able to start using it without the manual :). I look forward to the new version, it’s looking pretty swish and the new components will be extremely handy.