Confused on importing/linking parts

I am confused on linking the parts I have entered in either QuickBooks or AyaNova. I entered in the parts in AyaNova and wanted to link them in QB. Well when I have no items (parts) entered in Quickbooks the bar at the top where you drag the parts over to link was not showing up, basically I figured I had to enter the parts (items) into QB first. So now that I had the parts (items) listed in QB and AyaNova I linked them together but now I have the same parts listed twice in AyaNova. So instead of just linking the information together it duplicated it. What am I doing wrong and how can I deleted the duplicate part entries in AyaNova?

Hi Debbie

I would recommend restoring from backup from prior to when you imported the QuickBooks parts into AyaNova.

You can not delete parts in AyaNova. You can only set parts in AyaNova to inactive so they do not list in drop down selection lists.

From your information, you imported the QuickBooks items to AyaNova, instead of linking existing QuickBooks items with existing AyaNova parts.

What you did was dragged and dropped onto the Drop here to import QuickBooks item(s) which imported QuickBooks parts into AyaNova.

Existing AyaNova parts can be linked to existing QuickBooks parts, but AyaNova parts can not be imported into QuickBooks - only AyaNova clients and vendors. This is outlined in the QBI v3 Manual http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/index.html?how_to_import_ayanova_data_int.htm

Once you have restored from backup, you will want to link the QuickBooks parts with existing AyaNova parts

Link existing parts either by Auto-Linking or by manually linking.

Auto-link information is at http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/index.html?how_to_automatically_link_exis.htm Auto-linking will compare the Quickbooks Item Name/Number with AyaNova’s Part Number - if there is a match, QBI will automatically link the two together.

Manual linking information is at http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/index.html?how_to_manually_link_existing_data.htm Manual linking is where you drag one or more AyaNova parts onto the QuickBooks item you want to manually link to. QBI will pop up a box showing what AyaNova part(s) and the corresponding QuickBooks part for you to confirm to manually link.

If you have a question about an option in QBI, do let me know.

• Joyce

Thank you, so the best thing for me to do so I don’t have to type the parts in twice is add them to Quickbooks first then import them to AyaNova correct?

Yes. That would be the least amount of entry if you enter items in QuickBooks, and than import into AyaNova.

Be sure to set the Preferred Vendor in the QuickBooks item, and before importing QuickBooks items into AyaNova, make sure you have already imported or linked AyaNova Vendors that are set as type Wholesaler and QuickBooks vendors - otherwise the part will not have an associated vendor and not be able to be selected in purchase orders without additional editing in AyaNova

• Joyce

I think I already set all of my AyaNova vendors for wholesalers and it seems that it is linked since the links for the 2 wholesalers that I have entered into AyaNova are showing up in QBI with Quickbooks.

I really appreciate all of your help, this can get confusing and since it is only me that is figuring this out I don’t have anyone next to me that I can get help from. You have been extremely helpful with all of my questions I have been asking :smiley: