converting parts to units..

How do i convert a Dell, ordered and received as inventory (a part) to a Unit on the service work order? Right now we reenter it and its service tag.

Thanks for your help,

Clay

Hi Clay

One of the many new features of AyaNova 5 ([i]check out (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) What’s New in AyaNova 5 is the ability to generate a unit automatically from a sold part for that client.

Basically, in the workorder in the Parts subsection where you had sold the part to the client you would click on the part record which brings up the Parts subsection menu options at the top, and then click on the Generate unit from selected part menu option

(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

Doing this automatically creates a unit for that client based on the details of the part sold - the Part Name is put automatically into the Unit’s Description field, and if it was a serialized part, then the serial number of the part you sold is entered into the Unit’s Serial Number field. And the Purchased Date and Client that owns this unit are also pre-entered for you.

(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

You can find details about this feature as well as all features of AyaNova 5 in the AyaNova 5 Help file such asthe (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) Parts subsection of a workorder menu option section of the AyaNova 5 Help file

• Joyce

You just made $700.00! I’m sold! :slight_smile: