Error starting the event generator version 3

I am running ayanova v3.0.3 and have updated the dll file for the generator as well. After instalation of the generator i run the program for the first time and i recieve a .net framework error stating the following:

************** Exception Text **************
CSLA.ValidationException: Object is not valid and can not be saved
at CSLA.BusinessBase.Save()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.Workorder.NewServiceWorkorderFromPM(Guid SourceWorkorderID)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.GenProcessPM.GeneratePMWorkorders()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.GenProcess.GO(String UserName, String Password)
at NotifyTray.MainForm.timer1_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

I am able to click continue on the error message and the program is started on the task bar and says its proccessing but it does not generate any notifications. I have tried reinstalling the aplication multiple times in multiple directories with the same results. This problem was also occuring when i was running v 3.0.2 of aya nova so i dont think it is an issue with the recent update. I am running a network instalation of aya nova. It is on a small business server 2003 computer with all of the latest updates and service packs. Both ayanova as well as the generator are installed on the same local hard drive. Aya nova is then being accessesed by 4 windows xp pro machines. Here is a full copy of the error message i recieved.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

CSLA.ValidationException: Object is not valid and can not be saved
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.GenProcess.GO(String UserName, String Password)
at NotifyTray.MainForm.timer1_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2300
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll](file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll)

Generator
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: [file:///C:/Program%20Files/AyaNova%20Generator/Generator.exe](file:///C:/Program%20Files/AyaNova%20Generator/Generator.exe)

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll](file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll)

System
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll](file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll)

System.Drawing
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll](file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll)

GZTW.AyaNova.BLL
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.

Hi

By the error message, there is an issue with a PM item attempting to convert to a service workorder.

Object is not valid and can not be saved

Without the Generator running, log into AyaNova and and open the PM’s that you have sent to automatically convert to a service workorder and confirm that scheduled users are those that are Active and are set to type Scheduled User.

You have two options:

1. If you find a PM that has been set to a user that is not an Active user of type Schedulable User, you than need to edit that user to Active and Schedulable User

2. Or assign a actual Active user that is of type Schedulable User to that PM

Let me know what you find.

• Joyce

It looks like i had an invalid scheduled user burried in my pm screen from the import off of the old ayanova.

Thanks

David

I have same problem, however the log show…

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.ApplicationException: Connection type: “” not valid in application configuration file
at GZTW.Profile.AyaNovaConnectionSettings.GetConnectionData()
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.DataPortal_Fetch(Object Criteria)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at NotifyTray.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll](file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll)

Generator
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: [file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%20Generator/Generator.exe](file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%20Generator/Generator.exe)

System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: <A href=“file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll”>file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.wind

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.ApplicationException: Connection type: “” not valid in application configuration file
dialog.

Hi

If receiving an error running any AyaNova program when first set up, always review the installation and ocnfigurationn steps first.

The error message includes the line “not valid in application configuration file” - you need to check your Generator.exe.config file as the Generator is not able to connect.

It is possible the step to edit the Generator.exe.config file was not followed.

• Joyce

Wanted to post here for the benefit of anyone else experiencing this issue.
A service company using AyaNova experienced the error message (the error description associated with a failed Service log) “Object is not valid and can not be saved” trying to load the network AyaNova Generator.
In this company’s situation, they noticed that the .NET 4.x complement language pack was not installed, and installed it.
Once installed, restarted the Generator service which worked.

Please note that in addition to the possible solutions posted in this forum topic, this error may be a result of something wrong with the .NET 4.x Framework. Re-installing or installing a component of the .NET 4.x Framework may resolve