Export Service Templates?

Is it possible to export our custom service templates that we’ve created in the dummy database? We would like to reuse them once we set up our live database, and it would be nice to not have to recreate them. Whatever we could do to save them would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Terry Starrett

Hi Terry

Report templates can be exported to a file and than imported into another database.

But sorry no, Service Templates do not have the ability to be exported to a file and imported into another database. You will need to recreate in another database.

• Joyce

Thanks Joyce-

I now have 2 .ayr files that I’d like to get back into my new database. Can you point me in the right direction?

Terry

Hi Terry

From the Report Templates grid in the Administration pane where you exported the report template file from your other database, instead select on the grid menu option Import Template -> browse to the location of your ayr file -> select it -> select Open -> then it will be imported into that database.

Screenshots and step by step of this is in the AyaNova 4 Help file section on Report Templates - Importing a Report Template (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

Do note if you get the following message "Selected report can not be imported: There is already a report with the same internal ID value in your database" when importing the report template into the database it is because you already have that report template as identified by its internal ID in that database. It could be that the report template you are importing was originally a sample report template that we provided but you further customized it, instead of saving a copy and customizing that copy which would have given it a new internal ID. If this is the case, you need to figure out what the existing report template is in this database and delete it before being able to import this report template - i.e. what was the original name of the report template that you edited and changed the name of, delete that.

• Joyce

I did get the “duplicate ID” message - thanks for the heads up.

Terry