Firebird network database server fails on W2000Server

Hi,

When I install Firebird server on my Windows 2000 Server, gsec command gives error:

C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin>gsec
unavailable database
unable to open database

When I install fb server on my XP desktop everything works fine. Can You assist me?

Thnx,

Argo.

Hi Argo

Confirm that you are logged into the computer itself as thecomputer administrator when you installed Firebird, as well as to run gsec.

Or it could be, that you should reboot the Windows 2000 computer after installing, open Control Panel, and confirmby the Firebird Manager that it is running.

And also check via Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and ensure that both the Firebird Server and the Firebird Guardian are both running.

• Joyce

Hi,

All done:

• Ihave Administrator rights

• Services are running

• Several reboots

–Manually started and stopped the services- nothing helps

Problem is why on myWXP everything works but not on W2KServer.

Last I found in Firebird directory firebird.log thereare strange lines:

SERVER (Client)Mon Mar 20 12:26:50 2006
C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe: normal shutdown

SERVER (Client)Mon Mar 20 12:26:50 2006
Control services error 1061

SERVER (Client)Mon Mar 20 12:27:12 2006
Guardian starting: C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe

First 2 lines appears when I stop services from Firebird Server Control panel. Last one when I start services.

Argo.

Did you install via terminal services? If so, Firebird should be installed while physcially at the computer - not when logged in remotely.

When you installed Firebird, did you select to install the Classic Server or did you install the Super server binary as outlined in the AyaNova v3 Manual for network Firebird configuration?

Is there a firewall running on this Windows 2000 computer? If so you need to enable port 3050

There may have not been a registry entry when Firebird was installed. Uninstall Firebird, reboot, re-log in as administrator, run a registry cleaning utility, reboot, log in as computer administrator, install Firebird, reboot, log in as administrator, confirm Firebird services running, and perform the GSEC commands again.

Let me know the results of all of these.

• Joyce

Yeah, terminal…
uninstall ang reinstall on console. Thats it… :frowning: Now lets rock… :wink:

Regards,
Argo.