I had to re-install my Ayanova3

I had to re-install my Ayanova3. I still have my key code but it past the activation date. When I try to paste my key code in the license space, I get the error : Key could not be validated. What do I do?

Hi Dawn

Once the keycode is applied, there is never a need to re-apply as it is maintained in the database with any data. Even if the database is erased, the keycode is maintained.

Restore your original database file that you applied the keycode to.

• Joyce

I don’t know how to Restoremy original database file thatI applied the keycode to.

Hi Dawn

Also just received a direct email from you that provided additional information - that you had an issue with the network configuration, and ran the uninstallation.

Before doing anything - don’t delete, don’t uninstall, don’t move anything - let’s get the original database back.

Let’s go back to the steps you were performing when you began the network configuration

1. were you performing the network Firebird configuration or the network SQL configuration

2. From the steps in the manual, what page, what step did you get to before you received this error you referred to in your email message that AyaNova couldn’t find its path.

• Joyce

PS If you encounter an issue, and are not able to find the solution in the AyaNova v3 Manual or on the AyaNova Support Forum, do always contact us with full details so that we can help you get up and going - what has been done, full error message, configuration files that you edited, actual paths files are located as per the steps in the manual, etc. In the AyaNova v3 Manual and in this support forum, the topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic706-60-1.aspxoutlines this.

I followed the instructions on pages 540 through 548. I got all the way to #7: Double click the ayanova icon on your desktop to confirm successful

Thats when it told me it couldn’t find the path.

dawn

Hi Dawn

You are configuring for the network Firebird configuration.

In step “3. Installation and configuration of access via network Firebird database server” page 541, what is the exact path where you created the folder for the AyaNova database file, and was this AYANOVA.FDB file moved there and is it still there?

• Joyce

Joyce,

I created the file in my shared documents\aya3\

The file “ayanova.fdb” is still there.

dawn

Great!

Is Firebird Manager still installed and running?

You can check Firebird Manager by opening Control Panel - Firebird Manager

Is the aliases.conf file edited as directed in the step 3.10?

Can you attach a copy of the aliases.conf file to your reply?

• Joyce

Joyce,

Firebird is installed and running. I went to Control Panel and clicked on Firebird. It says it is running.

I could not attach the file you requested, this program said I couldn’t send that kind of file.

I went to the file you asked about, opened it with notepad and this is what was there: ayanova = c:shareddocuments\aya3\ayanova.fdb

Does this help?

Hi Dawn

Sorry -= meant to tell you to always zip up any attachments using WinZip if attaching - the forum will only allow files with the txt or zip extension.

To confirm than - if you open Windows Explorer, and open the c:\shareddocuments\aya3\ folder, the AYANOVA.FDB file is there in that exact location?

Now perform the steps in"4. Configure access for the AyaNova program" where you delete the existing AyaNova.exe.config file, and rename the AyaNova.exe.config.FiREBIRD_SERVER_VERSION to AyaNova.exe.config, and than edit that new AyaNova.exe.config so it is pointing to the computer’s name or ip address (that you determined in the first step 1. Requirements prior to installation page 540)

If you have a question about a step, do let me know.

Let me know how it goes.

• Joyce

Hi again Dawn

Can you let me know how it is going, and if you have any questions about a step?

Thank you

• Joyce

Joyce,

Ok, here is the file, zipped.

Now I will work on performing the steps in “4”.

dawn

Hi Dawn

I’m trying to find where I requested you to send a copy of the database file? I deleted your database attachment. Do not upload a licensed database onto this forum.

Let me know if any questions on the steps.

• Joyce

Hi Dawn

Can you let me know the steps for network Firebird configuration have been performed have been successfull and you are up and running?

Thanks

• Joyce