Importing and Exporting Data

I am evaluating AyaNova v3 as a replacement to my companies current workorder schedulingsystem. As I am not a user of AyaNova CE I was wondering whenimporting of data will be available to new AyaNova users from sources other than AyaNova CE.

We also use the product TASBOOKS2 for our financial system and wondered if there was any liklyhood an interface may be developed at some time, or whether a data export facility to a CSV file(or some other format) might be developed.

bdavis (2/3/2006)I am evaluating AyaNova v3 as a replacement to my companies current workorder schedulingsystem. As I am not a user of AyaNova CE I was wondering whenimporting of data will be available to new AyaNova users from sources other than AyaNova CE.

We also use the product TASBOOKS2 for our financial system and wondered if there was any liklyhood an interface may be developed at some time, or whether a data export facility to a CSV file(or some other format) might be developed.

Hello, a general purpose data import and export utility will be coming after the release of the web interface and QuickBooks interface which are our developers are just working on now. It will be designed to work with a variety of data sources such as XML and definitely CSV.

As well please note that AyaNova 3 has a full developers API in it now allowing anyone to write an add-on or utility to work with AyaNova objects directly through software. It exists but is not documented yet, that is in the works and we should have a preliminary forum set up for it shortly with some samples for Visual Basic.net and C#.

The AyaNova developers API has been designed to be very easy to work with, for example a work order can be created in 3 or 4 lines of programming code and every object you see in the AyaNova user interface has a corresponding object available in the developers API, in fact the AyaNova user interface is built on the same developers API so if someone wanted to they could write a completely new interface for the whole program, it’s that powerful.

I’m not familiar with the product you mentioned, however if it supports any sort of method for importing and exporting data or a developers API then interfacing should be easy. Once we get through the current add-on products we will be looking at other software to integrate and much depends on the size of the user base for that product and how likely they are to want to use it with AyaNova. It’s very expensive for us to develop interfaces for programs so we must be careful in what we choose to work on, however, that being said we designed the new AyaNova from the ground up to be very easy to integrate with and we are going to be encouraging 3rd party developers who are interested in making add-on software for AyaNova to do so with a very open developers program.

[AyaNova Tech Support note]

Generic import utilities for Units, Clients and Parts are now available at no charge from [i]http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm[/i] Do refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual for details on use.