Inventory reset feature

I think it would be really useful for AyaNova or a plug-in to be able to do a full inventory reset, the current workaround by which you deactivate the parts being…well… at best a workaround. By this I mean deleting all parts and related data like Purchase Orders, Receipts etc. leaving behind an empty inventory like the one you see after freshly installing AyaNova.

One situation where the feature would apply is when you want to clear all junk data that resulted from testing the Inventory but without erasing the entire database.

Hello John

Thank you for posting a suggestion in our forum.

I did want to post back some details right away though.
If all parts are to be deleted, then all parts in all workorder, quote, and PM would need to be deleted too (including part requests).
A part can not be displayed in a workorder, quote and/or pm if it is no longer in the database - in a workorder, quote and/or pm the part selected is linked to the actual part record itself.
This would affect your service history of who and what was sold, quoted, needed if the parts are deleted.
Whereas deactivating a part allows that part to still have been selected in a workorder, quote and/or pm for service history.

If you have a need to have all parts not selected in any workorder, quote and/or pm to be deleted, these same parts deleted in any PO’s, PO Receipts, Part Adjustments, and inventory zero’d out for those parts, development may be able to do this on a database by database basis. If you are interested in this, please contact us directly at support@ayanova.com so that we can discuss further including obtaining a zipped copy of your database backup and details about your database server to provide a quote for this custom work.

Or if you have a need to delete all inventory fully (all parts, all POs, etc including deletion of any parts and part requests in all workorders, quotes, pms, as well as POs etc) development could certainly do this on a database by database basis. If you are interested in this, please contact us directly at support@ayanova.com so that we can discuss further including obtaining a zipped copy of your database backup and details about your database server to provide a quote for this custom work.

I hope this expands more on why parts are deactivated if they have been selected in any other record in AyaNova.

• Joyce