Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created

Finally managed to reproduce it here with everyone’s help, hopefully we’ll be able to get to the bottom of this now.

Note that this appears to be purely a cosmetic error, if you click on Ignore when the error comes up you can continue to work without issue.

Fixed! It turned out to be a timing issue on very fast computers running windows 7 only under specific circumstances which we were finally able to reproduce here.

This fix will be in the next release update (not timeframe).

Thanks everyone!

excellent! good job. glad we could be of help.

Hello, just a note that this fix is now available in AyaNova 6.5

Refer to Known Issues & Updates section of this forum for steps to update

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this error is still occurring for me after the upgrade of both server/client to v6.5. I confirm it still happens on the local LAN, and through the remote portal (from home). Same sequence as before, happens right after you login, just before it opens the main window; in my case, this is pretty much always the “schedule”.

Can confirm it happens on both Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate, both x64.

Hardware-wise, one computer is a Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM, the other is a Core i-7 series with 4GB of RAM.

Hopefully you guys can re-open the case file on this annoying little bug and squash it.

Hi Brad, thank you for posting. Will have development reopen, as well as post back if they have any questions.

• Joyce

Just a note for those that may encounter this issue:

Develop has continued to look into this with AyaNova 6 and now into development of AyaNova 7.

The issue has been narrowed down to the following:
some installations of Windows
*always only occurs when first loading AyaNova since Windows has been started
*always only occurs if Windows has been loaded within xx minutes

For example, turn on computer in the morning, as soon as it is up, start AyaNova and log in, and will get the error. Abort. Start AyaNova again, the error will not re-occur until the next time turn on computer.

In all cases when testing, error only occurs if computer just recently started. If computer was started, and than given 10+ minutes to complete loading all of its components, than no error occurs.

If anyone else has any additional information that they would like to provide, do let us know. Unfortunately at this time, it appears to be that the error occurs because Windows itself is not finished loading.

Hello Guys. I am using W7 64bit as well and Im having the same behavior, but like most everyone said. For me it happens only one after restart PC, then it opens fine. My PC is a fresh installation so nothing interfering with Ayanova. I will prefer for you guys to create a patch for version 6 instead of fixing it on version 7, since on every new Upgrade version we have to pay for Upgrade, I dont think is fair. Such a simple problem and have to pay for a new upgrade to fix it?

If you guys can come up with a patch and update for version 6 will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Emma

Certainly - please refer to the latest version of AyaNova 6 available for download.

• Joyce