Labour Rates and Customers ...

Before I ask - I have donea search of these forumsand I have looked int he program and I have searched the manual but cannot find the answer to this:

Is there any way to associate a particular labour rate/item to a customer so that when you enter a work order, their designated labour rate will automatically fill in?

No - that is not a feature at this time.

• Joyce

Why was it removed as the feature was there in v1.9? I found it to be greatly beneficial so that I do not have to recall which customers get which rates.

Do note that you might use the Contract feature for a client.

The Contract feature allows you to select rates that have been checkmarked of the type Contract, and force so that the client only ever has these rates selectable.

For example:
-In the Rates grid, create a rate, and checkmark it as a “Contract Rate”
-Now create a new Contract - perhaps even labeled with the client names in it
-From the drop down list under Contract Rates in the contract entry screen, select that contract
-Checkmark the “Limit to contract rates only” and save that contract
-Open that client’s entry screen
-Select that Contract and set the Contract Expiry Date for the future and save the client
-Now create a new workorder for that client
-Open the Labor subscreen in the workorder - drop down the selection of Rates - you will see that only the rate you selected in that Contract will display as selectable.

• Joyce

PGPhantom (1/3/2007)Why was it removed as the feature was there in v1.9? I found it to be greatly beneficial so that I do not have to recall which customers get which rates.

AyaNova v3 is a completely new program - completely new database schema, completely new program interface. Existing AyaNova CE features were expanded on or are presented completely different so that we may include many more features.

Do try out the suggestion made regarding use of Contracts - as that will also allow the client to have for selection more than one rate if needed (i.e. you may have an overtime rate as well as a regular rate for this client - whereas the old AyaNova CE version only allowed you to select one rate)

• Joyce

Thank you - Contracts work like a charm :slight_smile: