No PM's being generated

On one of my clients who is using the MSSQL based database, signed on as a user, no Preventitive Maintenance calls are being generated. I have one set for weekly, with a 4 day notification and the next date still show January 1st.

I read a previous topic about the administrator and they are not signed in as an administrator.

PGPhantom (1/23/2008)On one of my clients who is using the MSSQL based database, signed on as a user, no Preventitive Maintenance calls are being generated. I have one set for weekly, with a 4 day notification and the next date still show January 1st.

I read a previous topic about the administrator and they are not signed in as an administrator.

Hi

The topic you must have been reading was in regards to a stand-alone AyaNova installation. In a stand-alone installation, the internal Generator only runs when NOT logged in as the AyaNova Administrator.

Whereas, if your client has AyaNova 4configured for network SQL Server use, than they must have the network Generator Service installed and running and accessing the AyaNova database. This is the first thing you want to confirm before doing anything else - if the Generator is not running, than an activePM will not automatically generate a workorder

Here is the link to the(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) network Generator Service installation and configuration in the AyaNova 4 Help file - confirm each of the steps by referring to those installataion steps in the Help file:
-Confirm AyaNova is configured for network SQL
-Notification is set to TRUE in GLobal Settings
-Generator has been installed
-Is the AyaNova Generator Service running - check services
-In Event Viewer, is there any errors for the Event Generator, or does it say that it has connected successfully?
-Confirm that Event Generator is not installed and running on multiple computers in the same network

NOTE: As AyaNova 4 now uses the same config.txt files for all utilities (AyaNova program, Generator, etc) there is no need to confirm that Generator is accessing the same database as the AyaNova program. But if you are using an older AyaNova version 3, than you will also want to confirm that the Generator configuration file is accessing the exact same database as the AyaNova 3 program.

Now that you have confirmed that the Generator is running successfully, refresh the Service Workorders grid, with the PM Parent column the first column sorted so that you can easily see what workorders are created by what PM’s, now check to see if the Service Workorder was generated from that PM. And refresh your PM grid, has the PM been updated?

• Joyce

Thank you - I was not aware of this difference between the stand alone and the network editions/configuration. I downloaded the add on generator and it is now working.

Thanks for your help.