Opening Service Workorders on WBI 3.3.3

I am getting the following error when trying to view service workorders under WBI 3.3.3. I am running IE 7 and this is a new install of WBI and AyaNova 3.3.3. Everything else seems to be working fine. This is happening when I login as a client click on the service workorders icon, and then try and open a workorder. Any suggestions on what may be wrong?

AyaNovaWBI encountered an unexpected problem
What happened
There was an unexpected error in the AyaNovaWBI web site. This may be due to a programming bug or installation / configuration problem.
How this will effect you
The current page will not load or continue processing the last operation.
What you can do about it
Close this page and try repeating your last action. Try alternative methods of performing the same action. If problems persist contact AyaNova support via the AyaNova technical support forum. Be sure to provide a copy of the support information below in your support request and a detailed description of the scope of the problem and what steps led to it. Support information
The following information about the error was automatically captured:

Hi

Please confirm the following:

1. You say “everything else seems to be working fine”. Do you mean everything else of WBI? For example, can you log in via WBI as an AyaNova user and open a service workorder via WBI?

2. On the WBI computer, what is the file date of the following two files in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AyaNovaWBI\bin folder
    -GTZW.AyaNova.BLL.dll
    -GTZW.AyaNovaWBI.dll

3. Log in via WBI as the AyaNova Administrator or as an AyaNova user with full rights to everything. Select Administration navigation pane. Select Global Settings. Has a workorder report template been selected here for the client to be able to view a service workorder as per step #3 on the WBI 3.x CLient COnfiguration steps http://www.ayanova.com/WBIwebHELP/wbi_client_configuration.htm

Let me know the results from above.

• Joyce

Yes everything else on WBI seems to be working fine. I can log in as a manager and it will let me view and update workorders. The dates on theose files you asked for are 1/23/07. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi again

Can you confirm the following:

1. Log in via WBI as the AyaNova Administrator or as an AyaNova user with full rights to everything. Select Administration navigation pane. Select Global Settings.

Has a workorder report template been selected here for the client to be able to view a service workorder as per step #3 on the WBI 3.xCLient COnfiguration steps http://www.ayanova.com/WBIwebHELP/wbi_client_configuration.htm

• Joyce

Yes I have selected the Sample Detailed Workorder with Grand Total.

Hi again[list=1] Can you provide via private email the URL to your WBI login.

-And provide a client username and password to login.
-And also provide an AyaNova username and password to login (a user with full rights).

This will allow me to take a look and see if I see anything.

• Joyce

Joyce,

Thanks again for all your help. Now that I have made sure that the report template was set and closed up the browser session and opened a new browser session, it is working now. When I first started the template wasn’t chosen. After I selected one I kept the same browser session opened when I logged i as a client. ONce I closed that browser session and opened a new one to login as a client, it is now showing me the workorder. Thanks so much for your help.

Great to hear you determined the issue.

• Joyce

Joyce,

I had this going and it was working fine, and then I put in the new license that I got the other day and put in all my clients, and now I am getting the same message above. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Mike

Applying a license would not result in the error as it only affects licensing - nothing else.

I would recommend that you identify exactly what was done between the time WBI was working and now, and identfiy what is working and what is not.

1. If you log in via WBI as the AyaNova Administrator, does it log in with no errors

2. Does this error only occur when logging in as a specific client, or any clients?

• Joyce

Hi again Mike

Did you determine what the cause was? If so, do post and let me know.

Alsoin addition to the suggestions above, also check what version of AyaNova is being run (from within AyaNova, select menu Help -> About AyaNova) as the version of WBI should match the version of AyaNova.

• Joyce