Outlook Export

I was just reading on the utility to export work orders to Outlook. My situation is a little different - I have 3 techs, each has an Outlook calendar that is synchronized via Microsoft Office Live. I create the work order, enter it into their relevant Live calendar and they get notification on their computers (Not at our office but in their homes) that work has been scheduled.

Is there any way to modify the plug in to export all scheduled calendars, not just the logged in user, so that I can have each user automatically synchronized withe their respective live calendar? That would be truly helpful and time saving.

PGPhantom (1/30/2010)I was just reading on the utility to export work orders to Outlook. My situation is a little different - I have 3 techs, each has an Outlook calendar that is synchronized via Microsoft Office Live. I create the work order, enter it into their relevant Live calendar and they get notification on their computers (Not at our office but in their homes) that work has been scheduled.

Is there any way to modify the plug in to export all scheduled calendars, not just the logged in user, so that I can have each user automatically synchronized withe their respective live calendar? That would be truly helpful and time saving.

Hi, that’s more than modifying the plugin, that’s a new plugin. Office live is not Outlook. Completely different code would be required to accomplish that.

We could look into it as a possibility however it seems a bit redundant to me because our MBI and WBI add-on’s already have the ability for remote techs to view their schedule online via a web browser and obviously far more than that in the case of WBI since they can make and edit work orders etc with it.

Why would you not just use MBI or WBI instead, they’re designed exactly for the situation you describe?

I already have both WBI and MBI - echs use Outlook 100% of the time and only log in when they have to. Using Outlook live, I add it to their calendar in my Outlook (As I have all listed there) and they get the notification immediately. Would be nice to automate.