PartPickList: ID not found error.

When opening a specific PO I get the following error:

PartPickList: ID not found:
6c02171f-b586-4cf1-ac1c-b07d16a15ae2

yet in SQL can query it no problem…

select * from APART where AID = ‘6C02171F-B586-4CF1-AC1C-B07D16A15AE2’;

6C02171F-B586-4CF1-AC1C-B07D16A15AE22007-08-29 04:30:28.4532008-07-16 15:39:13.280167E61209-CFEF-4258-9260-D4CB16958FD707B40BFF-8A31-45BA-ADE2-D5DC985DD3971024Mb PC2-6400 DDR2-800Mhz CL5 1.8V Memory (Kingston)NULLNULL621-KI35E4EB5066-FB50-4A20-8AE8-89B59FA263ABNULL84740775-F061-4D68-96B1-55BDAF5DE489L4974414B3D75E-BAD4-4CC0-8BB6-F8F015779AE973155D53.770000.0000075BCD99E-0968-4685-A0ED-E1E119AA4BDDNULL0NULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULL

Hi Chris

This error occurs because one or more of the parts in the Purchase Order for this particular vendor has had that vendor removed from the part’s Wholesaler and/or Alternative Wholesaler field.

To quickly see what the part(s) are in this Purchase Order so that you can edit the part’s Wholesaler (or Alternative Wholesaler) back to this vendor:

If using AyaNova 4, select the record indicator on the grid to the left of this purchase order record so that it is highlighted and underlined (as shown in image #4 in the AyaNova 4 Help file section (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) )
Now select to print the Sample Detailed Purchase Order report template (or equivalent) so that you can see via the report what the part(s) is that is selectd in this PO, and you can also see what vendor this PO is for
Now open the Parts grid and open that parts entry screen (or if a lot of parts, use the Search Database feature and enter the part name)
Edit this parts Wholesaler or Alternative Wholesaler so that it is the same as the vendor for the PO where you get this error
Save
Now return to the PO grid and you can now open this Purchase Order’s entry screen.

• Joyce

That’s what I figured the issue was, odd thing is that it does not show in the normal parts list. Search Database did let me open it though.

I guess this still leads to my recent Wish List item of needing to have more Vendors available for each part.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi again Chris

Not sure what you meant by “it does not show in the normal parts list”? Do you mean the part is not listed in your Parts grid? If so, perhaps you have a filter on that grid which is preventing it from being listed. Or do you mean the part is not listed for selection for a specific vendor in a new PO? If so, that is because only parts that have that vendor selected in Wholesaler or the Alternative Wholesaler will show for selection for that PO for that vendor.

We will look into seeing what is involved with allowing all parts to show for selection regardless of the vendor selected. At this time, one of the reasons is that many AyaNova users have thousands and thousands of parts, and to help with selection when ordering via PO, only the parts for that specific vendor in a PO are shown for selection - so we wouldn’t want to remove this feature, but may be able to look into adding an additional feature to allow over-riding of it for those users that don’t care about this.Development will look into this for a future version.

• Joyce

Sorry, yes, I meant doesn’t show up in the parts grid. No filters were on, sorted by part number, refreshed grid multiple times.

Seems to have been an isolated occurance so I’m not sure what to make of it at this point.

Chris

ChrisACT (7/16/2008)Sorry, yes, I meant doesn’t show up in the parts grid. No filters were on, sorted by part number, refreshed grid multiple times.

Seems to have been an isolated occurance so I’m not sure what to make of it at this point.

Chris

Hi again Chris

I would suggest double-checking that, because if the part shows up when you do a Search Database, it will show up in the Parts grid if no filters and you are viewing all.

Do the Search Database again so that you bring up its part entry screen and get the confirmed wording and case of the Part Number as well as the Part Name
In the Parts grid, make sure All Rows is selected instead of First 100 Rows (so that if you have more than 100 parts they are all listed)
Make sure No Filter is selected, and click on the Refresh menu option
Sort by the Part Number (have it as the first column), and than scroll down to find
Note: that sort order varies depending on what configration you are using - for example SQL Express or SQL sort order is alphabetically regardless of case, whereas Firebird has a specific sort order based on case - see the bottom of the AyaNova 4 Help file section (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) for details on this)
Do post back that you now see it listed in the Parts grid.

• Joyce