Printing Labels - Is it possible to automatically adjust the height of label?

I am using a label printer and I am currently using 4" labels on a 2 3/7" diameter roll. I use the labels to assign projects to a bin and half of the time, the label is either too long, meaning that I end up wasting a lot of label, or it is too short and the text gets moved to another label (again wasting paper/label). I would like to use a continuous roll that has the same diameter, and have the program adjust the height depending upon the amount of text on the label. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Hi Imed

A possible suggestion:

Set your data bound fields each to a preset height and width, such as the maximum height and width so fits within the label
Set the Can Grow property for each of this your data bound fields to No.
Now no matter if the data that prints in these fields are more than the preset height and width, the fields size will always stay the same so your label will be the same.
Also check out other properties of the data bound fields, such as Word Wrap, etc. Print preview so you can see what the effect is and so on.

If you would like to have me look into this further, would be happy to. Send the following via direct email to support@ayanova.com and I would be happy to provide a quote/estimate:
Export of your custom report template
What grid/entry screen is this report printed from
Provide examples of text in the fields that makes it do the two different effects (so I can recreate here)
Any other relevant information to what you would like me to customize

• Joyce

My experience says yes it is possible to automatically adjust the height of label…You can check out the given link…I am not sure that it will definitely provide you help or not…But I think some where it will help you out…

developer.appcelerator.com/questions/tag/height

The size of the label can be automatically adjusted. You give the preset value of height and width of the label and it will resize your label according to the preset values assigned to it.

If you still face the same problem, pm me the details,and screen shot , I’ll send you the solution.

Set your data bound fields each to a preset height and width, such as the maximum height and width so fits within the label
Set the Can Grow property for each of this your data bound fields to No.
Now no matter if the data that prints in these fields are more than the preset height and width, the fields size will always stay the same so your label will be the same.
Also check out other properties of the data bound fields, such as Word Wrap, etc. Print preview so you can see what the effect is and so on.

This would help.
Thanks!

As far as I know that is very possible but I think you need to adjust everything if you will do that. Just make sure to have a clear view of the height and width to make everything equal and even.

I just hope with different comments from others will help you to get the right answer from your question. People here from forum will give you possible details that will surely help you. Give us feedback once you get it. Good luck!.

Printers Adelaide