Program wont start in server

I am getting this error message when trying to open up ayanova in my server.

Server ip - 192.168.100.2
server name- nt.lagares.sa
Path of database -> c:\data\ayanova
Firebird was sucesfully instaled
Sysdba password edit was sucesfull
Firebird manager is running

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA”
Error while trying to open file

Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.0()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.0()

Hi

Such a message when using the network Firebird Server usually indicates that the database file AYANOVA.FDB is not located where indicated in the aliases.conf file.

Your alaises.conf file on the server where Firebird is running and where the database should reside states that the AYANOVA.FDB is in the path C:\Data\AyaNova\ but the Firebird Server is not finding it there.

Do the following:

1. Open Control Panel and run Firebird Manager on the server

2. Click on the Stop button in the Firebird Manager (this is because if you are moving the database file around, you MUST shut down Firebird Manager or end upcorrupting the database)

3. Open Windows Explorer on this server, and move to the C:\Data\AyaNova\ folder

4. Re-confirm that the file AYANOVA.FDB is located here. If it is not, than move it here. (ensure you are seeing all file extensions so that you are not accidently looking at the wrong file)

5. Once the AYANOVA.FDB is in C:\Data\AyaNova, than start Firebird Manager and than run AyaNova and confirm it is now working.

Let me know the result.

• Joyce

Yes, the database is where it needs to be.

Are you able to run the AyaNova program successfully on the server? Or do you get this message only when you attempt to run AyaNova program on a networked computer other than the server itself?

• Joyce

Iget the message when trying to run ayanova in the actual server, I havent tried to run it through the network yet.

I will be out of the office until tomorrow morning, ill respond tomorow to any other questions or suggestion.

Hello again

As per the AyaNova v3 Manual instructions, you confirm first it runs on the server before setting up the networked computers. If it doesn’t run on the server, it is not going to run on any networked computers. I wasn’t sure from your other information if you meant you had tested running the AyaNova program on the server itself or not.

I am not sure what else to suggest to troubleshoot. I recommend rechecking your setup, reboot your station, ensure you have all Windows service updates applied - as something is preventing the Firebird Server from seeing the AYANOVA.FDB file in the stated location.

• Joyce

I did the entire process again and it worked. I have one problem left, I installed the firebird server, but I am currently using a sql server untilI finish of the ayanova database, can I work on the database on my computer than transfer it to the server when I am done updating it? And if so will it corrupt?

Also I am currently running a 30 day full trial, If I get all my information into the software and test it out in the server, if it doesnt corrupt, after the 30 days are up can I buy the licence and keep all the information I had on the database?

I did the entire process again and it worked. I have one problem left, I installed the firebird server, but I am currently using a sql server untilI finish of the ayanova database, can I work on the database on my computer than transfer it to the server when I am done updating it? And if so will it corrupt??

I am not sure I understand what you are presently doing as I am not sure by your statement if you are using the stand-alone default installation of AyaNova on your computer, if you are using the SQL Server network configuration of Ayanova on your computer or ?

Please provide details on exactly how AyaNova is set up right now - identify where the database is (computer and path), what configuration it is (stand-alone, network Firebird, SQL Express or SQL Server) right now for access, and than what you are planning on doing down the road.

This way I can provide recommendation on how to proceed.

Also I am currently running a 30 day full trial, If I get all my information into the software and test it out in the server, if it doesnt corrupt, after the 30 days are up can I buy the licence and keep all the information I had on the database?

Yes - you are not forced todelete the data in the database when you purchase licenses. You can delete if you want to via Help -> License -> Erase entire AyaNova Database, but you do not have to.

• Joyce

I currently have a network firebird instalation, my question is the following, due to certain factor I cant work in the server until the database is complete. SO the question is, can I work on the database in my comp with a standalaone instalation, then transfer it to the server which has a firebird instalation. Will this cause curruption?

Thank you for providing details on your present setup.

As you are presently configured for Firebird network use, you must be careful to not corrupt the AyaNova database by moving it or copying it while anything else is accessing it.

Do the following:[list=1] Make sure you are out of the AyaNova program and no one else is running it.

-Shut down Firebird Manager on the server where the AyaNova database is configured for network use right now. (Control Panel -> Firebird Manager)
- Now that the Firebird Manager is shut down and nothingelse is accessing the AyaNova database, you can now safely move/copy the AyaNova database from its networked Firebird Server location( I believe you hadC:\Data\AyaNova). For example, move the AYANOVA.FDB back to C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3 default installation folder where you installed AyaNova to.
-Rename your existing edited AyaNova.exe.config file that was pointing to the networked Firebird to AyaNova.exe.config.network (so that you can easily rename it back later)
-Rename the AyaNova.exe.config.DEFAULT_EMBEDDED_VERSION file to AyaNova.exe.config
-Now when you run the AyaNova program it will access the stand-alone database file that is back in the AyaNova program directory.
-You can now enter in data as needed.
-When you are ready to go back to networked, you will again ensure you are not running the AyaNova program, make sure the Firebird Manager is shut down, move the AYANOVA.FDB database file back to the that networked Firebird Server location (I believe you have C:\Data\AyaNova), start Firebird Manager, and rename your AyaNova.exe.config.network back to AyaNova.exe.config

• Joyce

One last question, If later on I decide to use a SQL server instead of the firebird one, after substancial use with the firebird one, will there be any database corruption?

dslagares (9/4/2007)One last question, If later on I decide to use a SQL server instead of the firebird one, after substancial use with the firebird one, will there be any database corruption?

No, there will be no database corruption if you follow the steps in the AyaNova v3 Manual on how to convert your AyaNova firebird database to a AyaNova SQL database

• Joyce