Receiving error 335544721 after adding users and server to domain

Added tge 3 computers and server in a small office to an existing domain. Everything works great on the pc’s except that ayanova gets the following error when run from the clients. When run from the server it works. The config file is pointing to IP address, and it did not change, so not sure why this is failing.

EDIT: Just realized the WBI interface is not functional as well for customers. Guessing it is a permissions thing, but not sure where to check.

2010-07-08 08:28:02,547 [1180] FATAL AyaNova.clsMain - First initialization and connect attempt
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException: No message for error code 335544721 found. —> No message for error code 335544721 found.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect()
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.Create()
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.CheckOut()
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open()
at GZTW.Data.GZTWDatabase.OpenConnection()
at GZTW.Data.GZTWDatabase.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper command)
at GZTW.Data.FireBird.FireBirdDatabase.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper commandWrapper)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.DataPortal_Fetch(Object Criteria)

Thanks

Dean

Hi Dean

What version of AyaNova are you using? Is it the latest version 6.5.0.0?

Error 335544721 usually means Unable to complete network request to “host” - “host” being whatever you identified in the config.txt file as the server whether its ip address or computer name.

I would recommend double-checking one more time that the config.txt on the client station is exactly the same as the config.txt in the server’s AyaNova program folder, as well as that you definitely can run AyaNova from that program folder using that config.txt on the server.

If definitely is the same, do confirm step #2 of the networking steps - that you can ping from the client station to the server using that ip address, and that you can ping from the server to the client station.

And do make sure that you have enabled the firewall port on the server as per step #1 of the networking steps for Firebird. Turn off the firewall on the server, and then run AyaNova on the client station - if you can now connect, you need to enable the port for firewall.

Post back after confirming the above and provide what version of AyaNova you are using.

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I have double checked that the machines can see each other by ping, and also that the config.txt is exactly the same. I disabled the firewall on both the server and the client and no difference.

Version of Ayanova is 6.1

Sorry Joyce, I made a booboo in the config.txt when trying to fix it earlier. Then when I turned off the firewall like you suggested I forgot the change. I fixed and all works.

Thanks for great, quick help!

Dean

Good to hear

• Joyce