Report for a list of workorders with grand totals

I think it’s on this forum somewhere but after 2 hours of looking (yeah the search feature on this forum needs some tweaking I think) I can’t find a report template that I know I’ve seen before. It’s just a list of workorders. Ideally I’d like a list of workorders that have the totals next to them. I’m trying to look at all the workorders we’ve completed this year and how many of them had zero dollar amounts.

Hi

For a report to “know” what the final total is for a whole workorder, the individual charges have to be shown on the report also so that they can be added up to get that final total.

A possible suggestion would be creating a copy of the sample report Sample Total Billable By Client (i.e. topic Sample-Total-Workorder-Billable-Grouped-By-Client if you do not already have this as comes installed with AyaNova)

Or perhaps the sample report template provided in the forum post Totals-at-bottom-of-reports if you want each workorder shown on a separate page. (as always, you can also customize further, just will of course have to keep the subsections so that a grand total shows)

Now you could just use this sample report template as is, and print preview and scroll through to find workorders that have no charges.

OR you could further customize with a script or scripts that checks the subsection (labor, parts, etc) totals, and only displays the workorder if these subsection totals are $0 or null

There are not specific examples of such a script. I would be happy to provide this for you for a fee. If interested, please email support@ayanova.com directly providing the following:
[ul]
[li]from what specific grid in AyaNova would you want the report template printed from (i.e. Service Workorders grid in the Service navigation pane, or ?)
[/li][li]what specifically would need to be checked to see if $0 charges or no entry at all? Just the Labor, or also parts and also travel and also ?? The more areas that has to be checked, the more $ it woud cost as woudl have to create more scripts.
[/li][/ul]

Joyce

Ok… I tried the first one (Sample Total Billable By Client) and got this error:

Could not load file or assembly ‘DevExpress.XtraPrinting.v10.2, Version=1.12.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This error message can occur if you are attempting to run a report template that was originally made with a much older version (i.e. version 3) of the report template designer.

See topic Report-error-issue-for-some-AyaNova-7-users (search for assembly reference) and download the zip file from that post, delete the previous report template you had imported, and then import the version 7 of that report template.

• Joyce

Ahhh…I didn’t scroll down. Found it. Great…that should be good for what I need. Thanks!

Umh,it’s a good habit.

Hello

Please also check out the new example report template at topic Example-report-showing-grand-total-on-single-line-useful-for-exporting-too

• Joyce