Server Error in '/AyaNovaWBI' Application

Did not see a solution in the forums for this problem. I have upgraded everything to V4.1. Any suggestions are appreciated.

-Tory

Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI’ Application.

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <CONFIGURATION>&lt;SYSTEM.WEB>&lt;HTTPMODULES> section in the application configuration.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <CONFIGURATION>&lt;SYSTEM.WEB>&lt;HTTPMODULES> section in the application configuration.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <CONFIGURATION>&lt;SYSTEM.WEB>&lt;HTTPMODULES> section in the application configuration.]
System.Web.UI.Page.get_Session() +2073117
Login.btnLogin_Click1(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +217
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Hi Tory

Please provide specifics on exactly what brings about this error, as I have not experienced this issue with WBI nor recall it being posted or an issue experienced by any other WBI user

Has the web.config been edited other than what it is set to when WBI 4.1 isinstalled?

Does it occur when you attempt to do something specfic when logged in viaWBI? - if so, do be sure to provide specific step by step what is done, what entered, where, etc so that I can recreate.

Also does this occur regardless of what user is logged in (i.e. Administrator vs user, etc)

Provide (this can be in a direct email to support@ayanova.com for privacy) your public URL to your WBI login, as well as the AyaNova Administrator username and password, and a user’s username and password so that I can recreate.

Or does this occur bringing up the WBI login page that you do not even get the login, just that message? If so, at what point of the testing as outlined on http://www.ayanova.com/WBI4webhelp/wbi_server_testing.htmdoes this occur?

Provide details about your WBI installation and configuration - i.e. confirmation of each step (provide actual details of what is done and its resullts), from how was it installed through the configuration steps, including config.txt used with WBI etc.

Be specific as possible as that may help identify where the issue is coming from for you.

• Joyce

Joyce,

Sorry for the delay. But I get this error right after logging in. It does not matter what user logs in. I have used every account to log in and get the same error. It actually does not matter what password I use, the same error gets returned.

Hi

Received your email with link to URL and username/password, as well as copy of your web.config and config.txt

I have replied to your email, but I also wanted to post back here for any others that may experience a similar area - providing an example of what they should check if they encounter an issue.

As the error occurs regardless of who you log in, you know it is not specific to a speicfic user - but that it is WBI wide - it could be your IIS server, it could be how you set up WBI, etc.

This means you need to troubleshoot what is occurring. Best thing to start with is recheck everything, and confirm everything. I have listed again below the questions I posted on the forum topic as a start for you:

1. Is the Web.config you sent the original or has it been edited?
  2. Does this occur doing the testing as per WBI 4 testing steps http://www.ayanova.com/WBI4webhelp/wbi_server_testing.htm ? - you will note that testing outlines to start first with testing on the server itself, than on a local area network computer and than remote. Does this same issue occur when you perform the first test of logging in using a web browser on the server itself? on a local area networked computer?
  3. Provide details about your WBI installation and configuration - i.e. confirmation of each step (provide actual details of what is done and its results), from how was it installed through the configuration steps, including config.txt used with WBI etc. Provide much more detail than “I did step 4” as that does not provide any information for me to help you troubleshoot. Provide actual information - ip address, port. screenshot confirmation, etc
  4. Confirm specifically also if you did something that is not a specific step listed in the WBI Help file
  5. Confirm, has there been any settings set for IIS or the Default Web Site, etc
  • Joyce

I have seemed to resolved the problem. I am not too sure what fixed it. It is a weird deal. I reinstalled WBI and copied the web.config from the AyaNovaWBI folder to the AyaNova root folder and that seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Tory

Great to hear it is resolved - possibly the original installation was not completed, and files were missing. Glad it is now working.

• Joyce