Something was upgraded

Hi there,
We have 2 users using Ayanova 4 and I had a trial version of Ayanova 6 installed on my PC because I was working on some addins for Ayanova.
So when I accidentaly ran Ayanova 6 and connected to our live system in the config.txt it seems that the database was something upgraded and license was changed without any prompt or anything.
So now we don’t have access to out Live Ayanova installation from the Ayanova 4 clients.
Only I can log in with Ayanova 6 and it tells me that it’s running in trial mode.
How can I restore my previous license key?
We can’t log into it with client v4 and I can’t enter my old license from client v6.
Please advise!

Thanks

Hello Amilojko

Your “old” license is for AyaNova version 4.
When you ran AyaNova 6 against your live AyaNova 4.x database, that upgraded your AyaNova 4.x database to version 6.
So right now if you run AyaNova 6 program, when you log in it will tell you that AyaNova needs to be licensed because you have not paid to upgrade your licenses to use version 6.
And if you run your AyaNova 4 program, you can not log in, because the database has been upgraded to version 6.

Two options:

1. Purchase AyaNova 6 licenses (although not sure why running a trial of AyaNova 6 as AyaNova version 7 has been out now for a while? so this would actually be purchase version 7 licenses) so that you can update the licensing in your database to the newer version too.
    And then you would just need to upgrade the AyaNova program on all other networked computers to the newer version too by running the newer AyaNova setup file and keeping each stations existing config.txt

2. Or restore your database from backup - from the last good backup that was of your database when it was version 4.

Restore steps you would take would depend on what configuration your AyaNova is .
For example, if your AyaNova is configured for network Firebird Server you would follow the restore steps at http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/restoring_for_ayanova_network_.htm

Any questions on above, do attach a copy of your AyaNova program folder ayalog.txt file from the computer presently running AyaNova 4 renaming the file to AYANOVA4ayalog.txt and a copy of the ayalog.txt file from the computer running AyaNova 6 renaming that file to AYANOVA6ayalog.txt so I can see configurations, versions, etc

Any questions on upgrade pricing, etc please email support@ayanova.com directly with your company name from your company’s email address.
Also too, attach a copy of your AyaNova program folder ayalog.txt file from the computer presently running AyaNova 4 renaming the file to AYANOVA4ayalog.txt and a copy of the ayalog.txt file from the computer running AyaNova 6 renaming that file to AYANOVA6ayalog.txt so I can see configurations, versions, etc

• Joyce