Time format in Work Orders - 12 versus 24 hour format

Hello! I have been ramping up and moving all my client tracking and billing into AyaNova. It is awesome. Still tweaking, but I have a feeling that will be going on for some time. :laugh: I have a question about the time format. Most of our clients are accustomed to military/24 hour time format. It is easier to calculate hours, enter time, etc… I have read the section in the manual, <A name=_Toc145141946>Currency, Date and Time Display and Selection</A>, starting on page 66 in the newest manual. I changed the time format on my WinXP PC to 24 hour time format. Reopened AyaNova and the current date/time display correctly, but when I go to the time entry under labor, it is still inserting in the 12 hour format. Am I missing something, or is there no way to change this to the 24 hour time format?<P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”>Thanks!

<P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”>Hi<P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”><P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”>I have reviewed the section in the AyaNova v3 Manual, and the manual incorrectly states that time format will follow the Windows settings whereas it should only state date and currency format will follow the Windows settings as the examples in the manual section show.<P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”><P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”>It is not possible to format time to display other than it’s internal format set within the AyaNova program. Time will always default to a 12 hour clock with leading zero’s (hh:mm:ss format). This is coded internally and can not be changed from outside. The only place where you will see time formatfollowing the Windows format in AyaNova is in the workorder menu bar - as this is not a time maintained in the database itself.<P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”><P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”>I will have the manual updated, removing the reference to formating time. I will also move this topic to the Wish List so that being able to change the time display format throughout AyaNova is on the list of features to look into providing if possible.<P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”><P class=TOCH3 “MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt”>- Joyce

Thank you for looking into this for me, I appreciate your candor.

I just want to clarify something in this thread, AyaNova uses the Windows Locale (regional) setting for dates/times, currency, numeric format. It’s not tied to the database itself. This means for example that if your windows locale is set to English (United Kingdom) it will display dates and times with the month Day Year format, in the US it will display Day/Month/Year etc.

I’ve tested itandthere seems to be a bug of some kind related to the 24 hour format only. I can edit and change any other aspect of the date or time settings under Regional Settings in the control paneland they all work correctly, however 24 hour format never seems to “take”. I’ll enter this as a bug, AyaNova should always display and accept data inthe format used in the regional settings in windows. It’s a bit odd actually, I’m thinking it could be a bug in the .net framework itself or the 3rd party user interface library we use because we’ve taken great care to ensure this should work and none of our international users have reported a similar issue with their native formats that I know of.

Thanks for the clarification, and for looking into this! Being able to display the time as we wish, and as our customers are accustomed, is a huge plus.

Hi

Just an update - being able to display time within AyaNova via a 24 hour clock is defintely coming in the next maintenance update - we do not have an exact ETA at this time.

• Joyce

Hi again

The latest release Ayanova v3.3.3.0 will now use your Regional Settings for Time format - able to use 24 Hour instead of 12 hour. (do note that report templates that are set to display time will default to using your computer’s regional Settings for Time as well)

Check out the Known Issues & Updates section of this forum for steps to update to the latest version of AyaNova.

• Joyce