URL for mbi changes with alphanumeric in between .../(S(2zhiocnlbbxq0xy4ip2wov55))/schedule.aspx

I’m getting the following error. When I add the customError mode=“off” as it suggested, I ended up getting weird numbers and letters in my url…
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Any ideas?

Hi Nick

It may be what text you entered into the MBI’s web.config that resulted in the weird numbers and letters. Or it may be where you viewed the MBI login URL from - did you do so from a web browser on the MBI server itself as per that original error?

Is this your first time setting up MBI?
Was MBI working previously and than stopped working?
What version of AyaNova is installed and accessing the networked AyaNova database on this computer where you installed MBI? Log into AyaNova on this server, select menu Help -> About AyaNova -> what version is listed.
Attach a copy of the ayalog.txt file from the AyaNova program folder C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova from this MBI server
What version of MBI is installed? Open Windows Explorer to C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaMBI\Bin Right-click the file GZTW.AyaNovaMBI.dll What is the version of this file, and what is the file date of this file.
Zip up the web.config file from the C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaMBI folder and the config.txt file from C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaMBI\bin folder and attach to your reply.
In a second zip file, edit the web.config with the text you had done that gives you the weird text and numbers and name it editedWebconfig.zip and attach

• Joyce

Wanted to post this here for any other MBI user that encounters this as was resolved via private email.

Had the user enter the following in the MBI’s web.config right above the last two lines - for example, the last five lines in the MBI’s web.config would look like this

<customErrors mode=“Off” defaultRedirect="~/HandleError.aspx">
<error statusCode=“404” redirect="~/stub.aspx"/>
</customErrors>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Doing so than brought up the security exception when the user logged in that the current user was not authorized to open a Workorder Item record.

What this means is that the Security Group that schedulable user is a member of does not have at minimum Read Only rights to Object.WorkorderItem

Once the security group was edited so that Object.WorkorderItem was set to Read Only, the user could now log in.

• Joyce

Hi again

Also wanted to post that an MBI user will see in the URL for MBI some “weird” characters such as http://192.168.1.8:7878/AyaNovaMBI/(S(fukpcjbyhflrflq2guiadw45))/schedule.aspx has /(S(fukpcjbyhflrflq2guiadw45))/ in the URL

Because devices that use MBI often don’t support cookies, it stores the login credential tag in the URL instead of in a cookie.

• Joyce