Using the [Workorder.Label.CustomerReferenceNumber] variable to send notifications

We are a K-12 school district and our setup is one where I have a single head office client user for each of our 15 school sites and anyone at the site can log in as that head office client user and make a Service request. All of the equipment units for that site are associated with the head office client user so that those requesting service can choose their specific CPU or printer from the Serial# dropdown (We have renamed that dropdown to Equipment Name). Equipment names are made to reflect the room# and IP (VP25-230-134 or VPOFF-230-45) so that it is easy for clients to find their equipment in the list (listed as Serial#,Model). I have the client enter their email address into what is the [Workorder.Label.CustomerReferenceNumber] variable on the Service Request screen. Is there a way to use that variable ([Workorder.Label.CustomerReferenceNumber])as the email address for the various notifications(Accept request, Decline Request,etc)? I need to do this if possible because our design does not have everyone at a site as an individual client but logging as the one head office client user for that site. We still want to send individual emails out to the persons requesting service based on there input into the [Workorder.Label.CustomerReferenceNumber] variable. Is this possible? Can you please respond ASAP. I would be happy to provide whatever further information you might need.

Sincerely,
James Milburn
Network Admin
Paso Robles Public Schools

Hi James, I am just going to test some scenerios out and then post back as soon as possible.

• Joyce

Hi again James, just wanted to make sure before I posted back.

The email address that gets notified of a Client Notification is always that which has been entered in the Client’s entry screen field Email. This is hard coded in AyaNova and can not be changed.

So even though the user is logging in to Client WBI using a generic Head Office login name and password, when they create a new service workorder for a specific client of that head office, the email address of that specific client is who gets emailed, not the email of the head office entry screen. " "

For example:

Head Office has Email field of HO@company.comin its entry screen

Client #1 of this head office has Email field of 100@company.com in its entry screen

Client #2 of this head office has Email field of 999@company.com in its entry screen

Someone from the company logs in using the Head Office login name and password into WBI, selects Client #2 and creates a service request for Client#2. When that service request is accepted, 999@company.comis who would be emailed.

Someone else logs in using the Head Office login name and password into WBI, selects Client #1 and creates a service request for Client#1. When that service request is accepted, 100@company.comis who would be emailed.

So as long as you have an email address in the Client’s Email field, that is who will get emailed.

If each “client” themselves has different people that create service requests, maybe there is some sort of email filter you could set up that checks for certain text and forwards to that email address stated in the email body for the Reference field- but this would be something that you would do outside of AyaNova after the email has been sent. You would need to check with your email server, email filter, etc.

• Joyce