Suggestions on what to troubleshoot if receive “page not found” or “page cannot be displayed” message when performing step #12 to test DataPortal on localhost
- First confirm that running the AyaNova program on this computer definitely works
a. If running the AyaNova program itself doesn’t work, address that first.
- Have you rebooted the computer between installations and changes?
a. The computer should be rebooted, or IIS restarted everytime you make a change.
- Is IIS and the Default Web Site running?
a. Open IIS Manager, and ensure that the Default Web Site is running.
- Are you entering in the correct port number into the URL http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl
a. Open IIS Manager as it shows in step #2 of the manual and doublecheck what the TCP Port has been set to
b. This is the port number you should be entering in the URL for where XXXX is
- Localhost may be disabled
a. Try entering in the local ip address of this computer and its port number instead of using localhost.
b. For example, if the local ip address is 192.168.1.100, and the port number is 6969, enter in the URL http://192.168.1.100:6969/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl
- Ensure .NET 2 is the Framework selected for the Default Web Site and for AyaNovaDP
a. Open IIS Manager
b. Open the Properties for the Default Web Site and select ASP.NET tab - it should show that the ASP.NET version is 2.0.50727
c. Open the Properties for the AyaNovaDP site and select the ASP.NET tab - it should show that the ASP.NET version is 2.0.50727
d. Don’t forget to restart the web site if you make a change
- Re-set the AyaNovaDP site
a. Open IIS Manager
b. Right-click on the AyaNovaDP site and select Properties
c. For Application Name: field, select the Remove button
d. Select OK to close
e. Restart the Default Web Site
f. Right-click on the AyaNovaDP folder and select Properties
g. For Application Name: field, now select Create button
h. Select OK to close
i. Restart the Defautl Web Site again
j. Now enter in the URL