Error Message QBI version 3

Well i got one that does not make sence and is in manual.

i get a error message that says “The Requested Connection type could nto be found” when launching of the AyaNaovaQBI.exe after all mods done.

Hi

Please provide all of the following:

1. Pleaseprovide the complete full text of the message you receive (you can always copy to a text file and attach to your reply)

2.What version of AyaNova are you running (select menu Help -> About AyaNova -> it’s a 4 number version 3.X.X.X)

1. What version is QBI? Open Windows Explorer, open the AyaNova program directory, find the AyaNovaQBI.exe file, right-click and select version - what is the version?

2. Is this a new setup of QBI? - have you run this installation of QBI successfully before on this same station or ?

3. Use WinZipand zip up a copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file and a copy of the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file and attach to your reply

• Joyce

The Requested Connection type could not be found

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA.FDB”
Error while trying to open file

Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.()

This is all a new install downloaded yesturday from your site all the newest ones (complete fresh install, no reinstall)

Hi

From the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file you provided, you are running the default stand-alone configuration.

You can not have both programs running at the same time if using the stand-alone configuration.

Make sure the AyaNova program is exited, and than run QBI

For your convienence, you can also perform a search for messages in this forum - for example, I enter in the search term I/O error for file CreateFile which brought up http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1100-94-1.aspx?Highlight=I%2fO+error+for+file+CreateFile

If you need to be able to run QBI at the same time, please refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual Technicial seciton on additonal installation and configuration to configure for network access.

• Joyce

ok my woops on the copying of error message.

when northing else is running i just get a pop like the one i attaced in zip format

this happens when i run the AyaNovaQBI.exe

If this is the error message, where and when do you get the othererror message about the IO erroryou posted previously?

Provide a copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file (you provided a copy of the AyaNovaQBI.exe and the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config, but not the configuration file for AyaNova)

What is the version of AyaNova that is installed on this computer - select menu Help -> About AyaNova

Copy all the text in the menu Help -> About AyaNova and paste into a Note Pad document, save and attach as well please.

Haven’t seen that message before, so am going to need you to help troubleshoot and identify what is different about your computer and setup than any others.

Thank you

• Joyce

I got the first error when i had AyaNova running and tried the AyaNovaQ BI.exe file (sorry abbout that)

Version 3.2.2.0

attached is the files requested.

Hi again

What country and version and service patch is QuickBooks program that is installed onto this computer? (view this information from within QuickBooks by having QuickBooks open, and press CTRL-1 to bring up the system information give us the exact wording )

Is QuickBooks installed locally to this computer or are you running it from a network drive? The QuickBooks program must be installed locally to this computer as outlined in the Requirements in the QBI v3 Manual http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/index.html?requirementspriorto.htm

Have you applied the latest QuickBooks update to this QuickBooks, and have you exited QuickBooks and restarted to apply the update before running QBI?

Do note that with QuickBooks, the automatic update feature MIGHT NOT upload the release, so choose the File menu, then Update QuickBooks, click the Update Now button, and then click the Get Updates button. This error is due to a problem in the first release of QuickBooks 2006 in Canada, which they have corrected.

Did you install the QBFC 5.0 as outlined in the Requirements in the QBI v3 Manual http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/index.html?requirementspriorto.htm ? Confirm this by checking your Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs?

From the information you provided above, AyaNova is installed on this computer at C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Did you install QBI to this exact same path?

Reboot the computer, confirm the above, and if still experiencing an issue, reply with details to each of the above questions.

Thank you

• Joyce

here is the config file , sorry