Format String problem

Hi Joyce,

Stumbled across something else.

I’m working on a customer summary report under Preventative Maintenance>Items. When done, it will be a report that will list all future PM’s for a customer for all of his machines.

The problem that I am having is that on the report, I am showing the field Next Service Date. Naturally I want to format this to MMM yyyy (May 2007). No matter how I attempt to format the string, it will display the default data in the date/time format.

I have formatted this same field in other reports with no problems. I can open your canned report “PM Showing Client and Unit” and format this samefield to anything that I want.

I have tried creating several new summary reports from scratch and still have the same results. I have attached the beginnings (bare bone) report for you to look at.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan

I will take a look and get back to you.

I’m going to move this topic to the Report Templates section of the forum.

• Joyce

OK

Hi Dan

I’ve gone through summary report templates and detailed report templates, and it appears that if the report template was made via a summary report template, it is not accepting to change the format for the date - only if the report template was made via a detailed report template can you change the date format.

Do note that it has just come to our attention that in some instances when in the Preventive Maintenance Items grid, either creating a new Detailed Report Template or viewing an existing report template that was made with a Detailed Report Template will result in an error. I’ve attached a report template designed in the Preventive Maintenance grid (one grid up from the Items) - if you filter by client it will then list all PM’s and the PM items.

{Support Note} Selecting Detailed Report Template in PM Items grid has been resolved in latest free maintenance update

Do note that just like a service workorder, a PM item could have multiple units selected in it for service. Therefore you will see in the report template I made that the fields from the Item area of a preventive maintenance order is “under” that of what is drawn from the preventive maintenance header.

Unzip, import into AyaNova, exit out, log back in, the report will display in the Preventive Maintenance grid. Do note that as identified above although it will also show inthe Preventive Maintenance Items grid, selecting will result in an error.

I cannot download the .zip file. Everytime I try, it kicks me to the login screen. Permission setting??

Hi again Dan

I’ve just had another do a test that resulted in the same thing- I will check some settings and get back to you.

• Joyce

Hi Dan

Log out of the forum and log back in, and then try it again - I reset the forum user’s rights and tested - should work now.

• Joyce

>Posted 05/26/06 "I’ve gone through summary report templates and detailed report templates, and it appears that if the report template was made via a summary report template, it is not accepting to change the format for the date - only if the report template was made via a detailed report template can you change the date format.

Thissameissueexists when creating report templates in the Units grid, and unfortuneately there is no"detailed report template" option available to use in this grid.

When we create reports that includes the purchase date, the purchase date displays with the time showing, always, at 12:00AM.

Need a fix or a workaroundplease.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi

Have just determined a script that will allow formating ofa summary report template date field.

Just posted an new walk through how to format a date field if using a summary report template in topic How-to-format-date-field-if-using-Summary-report-template-designer

• Joyce

Great news Joyce!

Thanks,

Bob