JDONE Can not sort reports - It seems there is no way to sort a report?

When i build a work order or quote i put many different items into the work order and usualy the represent the different stages of a large project. The problem i run into is that when i try to print the detailed report of the work order or the quote (the prebuild report) it seems to sort the items in random order. I have tried numbering my items as well as putin letters in them in different orders but i can not seem to get it to sort. I have also gone to the report editor and can not find any options to sort the report based on a particular field in the report. Is this functionality not available or am i just blind???

Thanks

David

ITGOD (6/13/2006)When i build a work order or quote i put many different items into the work order and usualy the represent the different stages of a large project. The problem i run into is that when i try to print the detailed report of the work order or the quote (the prebuild report) it seems to sort the items in random order. I have tried numbering my items as well as putin letters in them in different orders but i can not seem to get it to sort. I have also gone to the report editor and can not find any options to sort the report based on a particular field in the report. Is this functionality not available or am i just blind???

Thanks

David

Hi David

The Collection of the GroupFields property for the GroupHeader of a band is where you could set the sort order.

For example, if you were referring to the Detailed Quote sample report template that comes with AyaNova v3 andyou wanted to sort the order of workorder items based on the Item Summary data field:

1. Add a GroupHeader bandto the DetailReportItem - WorkorderHeader.WorkorderHeaderWorkorderItem (right-click on the DetailReportItem - WorkorderHeader.WorkorderHeaderWorkorderItem , select Insert Band -> GroupHeader)

2. Select the GroupHeader band created. In the properties of the GroupHeader band for this DetailReportItem, select to open the (Collection) for the property GroupFields

3. Select Add in the GroupField Collection Editor

4. Drop down the FieldName property and scroll to select the data field for Item Summaryand select it.

5. Set the SortOrder to either Ascending or Descending as you want it.

6. Select OK

7. Now Preview the report template to see how it is sorting by the Item Summary.

Also take a look in the AyaNova v3 Report Templates area of this forum for the tutorial on creating a detailed service workorder report template - which includes screenshots in steps 17 through 24 on using the GroupFields property of a GroupHeader band - which will make it easier to understand where to select in a report template etc.

I will also move this topic to the AyaNova v3 Report Templates area of this forum shortly as the topic is more appropriate to that forum.

• Joyce