Printing a Workorder from a report template

I have been using WBI with good success. The full app is working perfectly on 3.3.0. After installing WBI I wanted to test the functionality and see what features I could use while not in the office. I was able to pull up a report, the one that Joyce modified for me in http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2142-103-1.aspx?

I have been using this template to print my workorders in the full client without any problem. When I first pulled it up in WBI, the formatting was off. When I printed it, it looked even worse. Now when I try to print this report, I intermittently get the error “AyaNovaWBI encountered an unexpected problem.” I had copied the specific error message, but lost it. I will get that next time it happens. But, the formatting of the printout is miles away from what it looks like in the full client. Can you tell me if this is something you have seen before?

Hi

I’ve downloaded that report template that I providedbefore from the link and opened it using WBI.Please elaborate on what specifically is meant by the “miles away” differences were with this report template.

I see that the Service Details field is a couple pixels shorter, I see that sub-totals display to the left instead of the right, and I see that the Unit Serviced fields display even though empty - are these what you mean?

I’ve printed a number of copies of this report template via WBI and do not recieve any message.

1. Have you edited the formating on this report template for use with WBI (as HTML display is much pickier than via the AyaNova program)?

2. Will you zip up an export of the newly edited report template so that I can see what is actually occurring?

3. Will you identify what is referred to by “miles away” differences with your report template. If you have changed something that affects an existing scriptioor have edited an exisitng script, the report template will display very differently as well possibly with errors. Do identify specifically what is different in this report template that you will send that is different between AyaNova program use and WBI use.

4. Do include the full text of any error message you receive.

• Joyce

Andy sent in a PDF made via the report from the AyaNova program, and a PDF made via the report from WBI, and the exported report template which was great as it allowed me to see exactly what was happening.

I wanted to post here for others that may also experience this.

If you save a report template to PDF (or Word etc) or print via WBI, and the report does not look like it does when printed via the AyaNova program, do check out the WBI 3.x Manual section http://www.ayanova.com/WBIwebHELP/printing_reports.htm which has information that may account for why this is occurring such as: dir=ltr " ">

You will also want to remove headers, footers and margins from printing that would affect the layout of your report. Refer to this helpful web page which provides information on editing for IE and FireFox http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/642 <P Another issue can be because fields are overlapping in the report template, and when viewed via HTML, these fields won’t show at all although they do via the AyaNova program:<P “MARGIN: 24px”>If you have fields that do not display on your report when printed via WBI or saved to PDF, Excel, Word etc, this is because fields in the report template are overlapping.<P “MARGIN: 24px”><P “MARGIN: 24px”>You will need to do the following via the AyaNova program<SPAN “FONT-STYLE: italic”></SPAN><P “MARGIN: 24px”><SPAN “FONT-STYLE: italic”></SPAN><DIV “PADDING-RIGHT: ; PADDING-LEFT: ; PADDING-BOTTOM: ; MARGIN: 48px; TEXT-INDENT: ; PADDING-TOP: ; TEXT-ALIGN: left”><TABLE “LINE-HEIGHT: normal” cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR “VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline” vAlign=baseline><TD width=15><SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: ‘Arial’”>1.</SPAN></TD><TD>Edit the report template </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV><DIV “PADDING-RIGHT: ; PADDING-LEFT: ; PADDING-BOTTOM: ; MARGIN: 48px; TEXT-INDENT: ; PADDING-TOP: ; TEXT-ALIGN: left”><TABLE “LINE-HEIGHT: normal” cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR “VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline” vAlign=baseline><TD width=15><SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: ‘Arial’”>2.</SPAN></TD><TD>Set <SPAN “FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic”>ShowHTMLWarning</SPAN> to <SPAN “FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic”>True</SPAN> - this now will have any fields that overlap show an exclamation mark.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV><DIV “PADDING-RIGHT: ; PADDING-LEFT: ; PADDING-BOTTOM: ; MARGIN: 48px; TEXT-INDENT: ; PADDING-TOP: ; TEXT-ALIGN: left”><TABLE “LINE-HEIGHT: normal” cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR “VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline” vAlign=baseline><TD width=15><SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: ‘Arial’”>3.</SPAN></TD><TD>Edit sizes and overlappings as needed</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV><DIV “PADDING-RIGHT: ; PADDING-LEFT: ; PADDING-BOTTOM: ; MARGIN: 48px; TEXT-INDENT: ; PADDING-TOP: ; TEXT-ALIGN: left”><TABLE “LINE-HEIGHT: normal” cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR “VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline” vAlign=baseline><TD width=15><SPAN "FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: 'Ari