Schedule Screen Bar Display Content

Is there anyway to modify the text content of the ‘bar’ displayed on the schedule screen ?

mine display “start time wo# stop time” - it would be more useful for us to have it as client name as we dont really schedule down to ‘time’ - is this configurable - can i get rid of the time’s and add client name? - i worked out how to change the “popup” data and that’s great but i cant find a way to change the bar text content ?

thanks

Hi

If you are not referring to the abraviated display on the Schedule screen or thepopup information that displays when you hover your mouse over a workorder item on the Schedule screen (which is changed within Global Settings as per the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Tutorial: Editing the Workorder Item Summary Template Editor” starting page 448), I am not sure which “bar” you are referring to?

Please take a screenshot of the area of the Schedule screen where this is showing, zip using WinZip and attach to your reply. Thanks

• Joyce

hi joyce,

yes iamreferring to the abbriviateddisplay on the Schedule screen, i used theglobal settings to change the data/popup and i have client but i cant get rid of the time, which we dont use, and on a single day job i just get an abbrev of 12:0012:00 and no client

attached zip/bmp

thanks

Hi

Can you confirm that you have saved and exited AyaNova since changing the Global Settings for the Workorder Item Template?

And if the Start Date & Time is still showing in the popup display (when you hover over the workorder item), can you provide a screenshot of your Global Settings - as it looks like you still have either the Start Date & Time or Stop Date & Time set in the workorder item template settings?

Do note that in a Merged Month view, the start time will display for each workorder item (when you are not hovering over) to help identfy start times without having to hover over. This is not editable.

• Joyce

hi joyce,

yes its the merged view, optional start time displaywould be a bonus for those of us that dont run to time we run to days, most of our jobs are min 1 day and usually multi day so time is irrelevant

i have it a lot better since refining the summary, but the issue is if youscedhule a start time and stop time for a resource on the day then in the merged view you lose everything except the two times, then you have to mouse over em to check the client / detail -see attached bmp - i have sort of got round it by only using a start time for single day jobs

we use the merged view a lot to manage the fact that work has in fact been scheduled rather than to whom

on another issue is there any view on having a way to make a part become a unit - we are both an installation and a service business - so we sell a part - say a TV - which is a part on the first work order has price etc etc- then it should become a unit for that customer so we can subsequently go back and track its service/warranty as a unit - ie we do a service call against the unit -is there a wayto automate this ? - we manually transpose all the ‘parts’ we use over to ‘units’ after the install currently

thanks for your replies to date !

Hi

Thank you for sending the screenshot - yes, display will show the start time of the date selected by default (and stop time if entered) and this is not user editable.

I will move this topic to the Wish List forum for development to review for a future feature if it can be set that the start time does or does not show.

Regarding converting a sold serialized part to a client unit automatically - this is not a feature at this time, but it will also be placed in the Wish List forum area for development to look into providing as a future feature.

We do encourage AyaNova users to provide suggestions for new features and feature enhancements. Many suggestions from AyaNova users are now features of AyaNova.

Thank you for your suggestions.

• Joyce