Stand Alone - Event Generator

If I am using the stand alone version of the program do I still need to download the event generator for the website or is the automatic with the stand alone version. I do understand that I can not be logged in as an administrator in order for the events to be generated but I just want to make sure that I setup the generator correct.

Hi Debbie

No - you would not use the separateEvent Generator utilityif using the stand-alone default installation of AyaNova

The separate Event Generator utility can only be used with a network configuration of AyaNova.

The internal Event Generator runs automatically when you use the stand-alone configuration - no additional configuration is needed.

What is needed is to configure your PM’s, your subscriptions, and the Notification settings in Global Settings if you will be using external notifications like external email or SMS paging.

• Joyce

For the notification settings would that be for if we wanted to e-mail a customer with a scheduled PM a reminder with the date and time? Would that be automated as well when the work order is generated and only if we have an email address for the customer correct?

Hi Debbie

What notifications are available at this time are listed in the drop down list inthe Notifications feature inthe AyaNova v3 program and identified in the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Notifications Subscriptions” starting page 431

There is not presently a notification subscription to notifiy a client when a workorder is created or when a PM is upcoming.If you would like to see this as a selectable notificatoin subscription, Iencourage you to post as afeature enhancement suggestions in the Wish List http://forum.ayanova.com/Forum65-1.aspx All suggestions in the Wish List will be reviewed during product development and great ideas will be short-listed for future development.

• Joyce