Unable to access

When installing Dataportal, I am not getting the option to enter a portal. Can it be set elsewere? I get to the point in the install that asks me to go to http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl and check the site on the localhost, and it is unable to continue. I get a page cannot be found. I have set the correct ports in place of the xxxx. Help

Bminnick

bminnick (9/16/2006)When installing Dataportal, I am not getting the option to enter a portal. Can it be set elsewere? I get to the point in the install that asks me to go to <SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA”>http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl </SPAN>and check the site on the localhost, and it is unable to continue. I get a page cannot be found. I have set the correct ports in place of the xxxx. Help

Bminnick

Hi

The screenshot in the manual does need to be replaced. The screenshot of the DP installation now looks like :

The port is set in the Site selected.

For example, if selected Default Web Site as in the screen shot above, this is where you can change the port number to use - open Computer Management -> open Internet Information Services -> right-click on Default Web Site and select Properties.:

What is in the TCP Port field is your port number that would be the xxxx referred to.

If you do change the TCP Port, don’t forget to restart the web site before attempting to connect. SometimesI’ve also found having to reboot the entire computer is suggested (when in doubt, always reboot)

Also if you are getting “The page can not be found” do make sure the Default Web Site is running. I know this seems redundant, but I’ve done it to myself a lot of times too - where I haveforgot to start IIS and the web site.

• Joyce

OK. IIS is started, but how do you start the website?

Hi again

When you start IIS, that is starting the web site.

When you installed AyaNovaDP, was the Default Web Site selected in the installation as per the screenshot above or was something different selected?

What is the port of the Default Web Site? (open computer management, open IIS, right-click on Default Web Site and select Properties, what is the TCP Port?)

• Joyce

No, Default web site was selected. Iset it on port 6969 as stated also.

Ok - so your port is 6969

On this computer where you installed AyaNovaDP, now when you enter http://localhost:6969/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdlin the web browser on this computer, do you get the display as shown in the AyaNova v3 Manual step 12?

• Joyce

No, I get the message about website cannot be found.

Hi

If you are getting a “page can not be found”, possible reasons are :

A) The web site is not running - check your IIS and confirm it is running.

B) The AyaNova dataportal is not installed or configured correctly.

C) This AyaNova dataportal can not run because minimum requirements are not met (AyaNova v3 itself can not even run)

D) The AyaNova dataportal can not run because IIS is not using Microsoft.NET Framework 2, or Microsoft.NET Framework 2 is corrupt

E) You are entering the wrong port number in the URL

Therefore you need to go back through each of your installation steps and reconfirm to narrow down and troubleshoot why this is occurring.

I would recommend that you start from the very beginning and confirm you are not missing a previous step.

For example:

Is AyaNova v3.2.5 installed successfully on this computer?
Have you logged in and confirmed this is the version and that the AyaNova program successfully runs?
Have you configured AyaNova for network use?
Which have you set up - network Firebird server or network SQL Server?

Now that you have confirmed that the first requirements are met, now go through the AyaNovaDP installation again - (abreviated steps below):

Via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs - remove AyaNova DP from your previous installation.
Reboot ( this is serious)
Ensure logged in with full adminstrative rights (as you should when installing anything)
Make sure that the Default Web Site is set to a specific port (in this case, you had it set to 6869)
Make sure that the Default Web Site is set to use Microsoft.NET Framework 2
Has your port forwarding on your router been configured for this computer and port number?
Have you confirmed that there is no firewall restriction on port 6969 on this computer?
Now install AyaNovaDP again
Edit Web.config, save and close
Reboot your station
Make sure IIS is running
Make sure the Default Web Site is not stopped and is running
Before entering any URL in your web browser, make sure to delete any temp files. Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop, select Properties, select “Delete Files…”, place checkmark also in Delete all offline content, press OK and let it delete - when it is done, the cursor will come back. Close Properties
Enter in the URL again http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl where xxxx is your port number configured in the Default Web Site and in your port forwarding

If you continue to experience an issue, to help you troubleshot why this is occurring, provide confirmation of every step above - including AyaNova installation and confirmation of running. Plus also attach the following:

Create a copy of your AyaNova.exe.config file, call it AyaNova.exe.config.txt and attach
Create a copy of your Web.config file, call it Web.config.txt and attach
Expand IIS in computer management so all folders and sites are showing, and take a screenshot, zip up using WinZip and attach to your reply
Take screenshots of the properties of the Default Web Site - showing it’s port number, showing its .NET 2 selected
Take screenshots of the properties of the AyaNovaDP - showing its .NET 2 selected
If you performed the installation differently than specifically outlined in the manual, be sure to identify it in yoru email.
Provide what exactly you type in as the URL in the web browser on the server when performing step #12 - provide all the different URL’s tried and the specific text returned in the web page when you do each (using localhost, using ip address, etc)
The more information you provide, the more likely we may be able to help identify what the issue is and get you up and going

• Joyce

Hi again

Have not heard back? Do let me know the outcome and send additional information to help troubleshoot.

Another reason you may receive “page not found” when entering <SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA”>http://localhost:6969/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl</SPAN>is because “localhost” may not be resolving to this computer.

Instead enter in the local IP address of the computer and see if that brings up the page.

For example, if you computer’s local IP address is 192.168.1.12, than enter in <SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA”>http:/192.168.1.12:6969/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl </SPAN>

<SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA”>- Joyce</SPAN>

Ok, problem fixed. Had the correct .net installed, but the default website settings were blank. When I set it to ver. 2 it worked. So thank you very much.

bminnick

Good to hear.

• Joyce