Uncharged Labor Hours

How do I enter uncharged labor hours on work orders?

Hi Robert

The Wish List forum is for suggestions for new features, and is not always answered directly as suggestions are reviewed during development. I encourage you to place your topics in appropriate forums - for example, if a question about features into the AyaNova v3 Features forum; if a question about installation into the AyaNova v3 Installation & COnfiguration. This way your topic can also be reviewed by other AyaNova users, as well as we are notified when a support question is posted.

I will move this topic once answered.

rltrobert (6/5/2006)How do I enter uncharged labor hours on work orders?

Uncharged labor hours is suggested to be entered in the No Charge field in a Labor sub-screen record.

Refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Service Workorders” starting page 105 for a complete overview of the service workorder entry screen. The Labor sub-screen entry area is identified on pages 165 through 169 - with the field No Charge identified on page 167

The AyaNova v3 Manual is available for download from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm and is highly recommended to be reviewed as it provides detailed information on all features, tips on use, tutorials and more.

rltrobert (6/5/2006)The Detailed Work Orders are adding tax to the labor charges. We need to take the tax off the labor charges and have it added to the parts only. How do we do that?

If you don’t want taxes to be applied to labor charges:

1. Don’t select a Sales Tax to apply against labor charges in the service workorder Labor sub-screen

2. Edit your Global Settings so that Default Service Sales Tax either has no tax code selected, or a tax code set at 0%. Save. Exit out of AyaNova. Log back in - any new workorders created will apply what is set as the default tax code for service.

3. Edit the report template to not utilize the taxes and Line Total (as Line Total = charges + tax)

You can customize any of the sample report templates provided with AyaNova v3, as well as create your own using the internal report generator.

Refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Creating Custom Reports” starting page 625 for an overview of how to edit report templates, and a number of tutorials to walk you through.

• Joyce