AyaNova 6.3.0.0 WBI fails after login

I just moved the SQL server, AyaNova install, WBI install, etc to new servers. SQL moved with no problem. I changed the config file and installed AyaNova and the event generator and they work great. All the workstations are able to login to AyaNova without problems. I upgraded to6.3.0.0 from 6.0.0.0after the move and everything has been great for a couple of weeks. We just moved our websites to a new IIS server. I reinstalled WBI (all installs are matching current version downloaded from your website) and the install gave me an error (Header: Setup, Body: Internal Error: Expression error ‘Runtime Error (at 1:661)::’), I assumed it was because there is no Default website on the IIS server, but if I click OK the setup continues and indicates it completed. The MBI Install gave me the same error during install, but it works. I installed a virtual directory under the website (which is how it was installed before) and replaced the config file with the correct one and the AyaNova login comes up. The error listed on this post Ayanova-WBI5-on-Windows-Vista-64bit-Ultimate - and Error-in-Ayanova-WBI-login-Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd-is-missing - is the exact error I get in Internet Explorer when I try to login. Here are my setup specifics:

AyaNova 6.3.0.0 - SQL Server 2005 SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard SP2, (AyaNova and AyaNova WBI are on the same Server, while SQL is on another…Both are Server 2003 R2 Standard SP2 x86) IIS V6.0, DotNet 3.5 installed on the server, ASP.Net 2.0.50727 is registered and allowed in IIS, WBI is configured as specified in the WBI installation and configuration doc…I have double checked, but I am missing something…

License information:
Key issued: 6/9/2009 16:32:41
Registered to: Mason Works, Inc.
Version: 5.X
Scheduleable users: 3
Lite: False
Requested trial: False
Option - Mobile browser interface: True
Option - Web browser interface: True

Thank you!

Hi

The issue would be that once you received the error, you continued the installation, but did not resolve that initial error.

I would recommend that you stop IIS, uninstall WBI, confirm you have the latest .NET 3.5 SP1 also installed, start IIS and then repeat the WBI installation steps again.

If you get error during the installation itself Internal Error: Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 1:661 etc etc… stop the installation and resolve as per hforum topic Unable-to-install-WBI-because-Default-Web-Site-is-no-longer-in-IIS

If you get a different error, stop the installation and do a search for that error and resolve it.

Then run the WBI installation again.

If you get an error on installation, more then likely you will get an error running the program itself if not resolved.

• Joyce

If you get error during the installation itself Internal Error: Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 1:661 etc etc… stop the installation and resolve as per forum topic Unable-to-install-WBI-because-Default-Web-Site-is-no-longer-in-IIS

So what your telling me is I cannot install WBI without a default website?

The issue would be that once you received the error, you continued the installation, but did not resolve that initial error.

By the way, I did a ton of searches before continuning with the install, and after the install both on your forum and the internet.And Ihave done this install more than half a dozen times, not including all the updates, before moving this site to the new server. I also removed and re-installed. I also tried installing again over itself. I could have put an hour’s worth of data into the intitial post but figured I would save the time and space if you had seen that error before. Not a very nice assumption that I did not do my homework before “bugging” you…

Hello

I did not mean to imply that you were “bugging” me - I apologize for any misinterpretation - just for your own convienence, and so as not to get frustrated when installing any software not just AyaNova - if there is an error during installation, do stop and fix that error and then redo the installation again.

Yes, as per that forum topic, the Default Web Site MUST be present for the WBI to be installed correctly.

Do fix that first, and then run the installation again - if no error during installation, then you can continue.

Do post back

• Joyce

Joyce,

after successfully recreating the Default Website in IIS, Removing the WBI and MBI, Rebooting and reinstalling, recreating my virtual directories under my website, copying config files etc…everything is working just fine.

Thanks! Kinda of strange that this does not work without the default website. I guess I got a little confused when I read step 7 in the help file where it talks about not using the Default Web Site.

Thanks!

Good to hear all working now and thank you for posting back!

• Joyce