ayanova setup

This is a question about AyaNova version 3

hello, i am currently getting this on my computer. i am sure it has something to do with networking. I hope that you can help me out as well as you have done in the past. Iam trying to setup ayanova on a computer. the computer is not part of a network it is connected to the internet via a wireless router. I would like to setup the firebird server tobe able to use the data portal and maybe the web server. i am not sure that iis is running on my machine and how i will need to setup the router to allow incoming traffic and point it to my computer. any info would be great. the log file is below theerror message. I would appreciate any help.

thanks again

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA”
Error while trying to open file

Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.0()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.0()

[Header]
2007-06-06 19:33:16,218 [3632] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova start - brief environment:
Machine name: CARLOS-8E3808BE
AyaNova Connection: FireBird database, connection string=“ServerType=1;DataBase=AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;”
Generate PM and Notify from this connection: True
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
CLR version: 2.0.50727.42
Primary assembly: AyaNova 3.4.3.0
Primary assembly location: [file:///C:/Program](file:///C:/Program) Files/Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc/AyaNova 3/AyaNova.exe

2007-06-06 19:33:21,921 [3632] INFO AyaNova.Form1 -
Key issued: 12/8/2006 12:24:50 PM
Registered to: Unregistered trial
Scheduleable users: 5
Option - QuickBooks accounting interface: False
Option - Peachtree accounting interface: False
Option - Web browser interface: True

2007-06-06 19:33:21,921 [3632] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - -2035094755
2007-06-06 19:33:28,671 [3632] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator logged in
2007-06-06 19:33:29,109 [3632] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - Settings:
User settings
User: AyaNova Administrator
Language: English
UserType: Administrator
SubContractor: False
Region: DEFAULT
Global settings
Lan

Hi

Via what program are you getting this message - via AyaNova, via Data Portal, via WBI?

If getting an error always double-check your steps and confirmed what has been done and all is successfull before proceeding:

• Have you completed the firebird network setup successfully as per the steps in the AyaNova v3 Manual on configuring for network Firebird use? - if not, identify at what step you have completed up to and at what point you are receiving the message, and if not the message above, identify its full text.
    -Provide confirmation of the details determined from the steps of the network Firebird configuration - what is the ip address of this computer that will be the “server”, what is the name of this computer that will be the “server”, what is the path that you moved the AYANOVA.FDB database file to on this server, has Firebird Server been successfully installed, when editing the SYSDBA password was it successful, is FireBird Manager running, does the AyaNova program connect successfully to the networked Firebird database, etc
    -Provide following files (compressinto a Zip file and attach)- i.e. AyaNova.exe.config from the AyaNova program directory on the server, aliases.conf file from the server’s Firebird directory, ayalog.txt from the AyaNova program directory on this server

• Joyce

the problem happened when i moved the database and installed firebird server. i checked and the firebird services are both running the password change seemed to take no alarms. i shared the folder and allowed all access to the file. here are the files you asked for.

Unfortunately no files were attached to your topic reply. And all of the information requested was not provided which makes it guessing on my part what the issue may be

Always be specifc on what is occurring. I have included the questions again and information and files needed from you to help you troubleshoot:

1. Have you completed the firebird network setup successfully as per the steps in the AyaNova v3 Manual on configuring for network Firebird use? - if not, identify at what step you have completed up to and at what point you are receiving the message, and if not the message above, identify its full text.

2. Provide confirmation of the details determined from the steps of the network Firebird configuration

-what is the ip address of this computer that will be the “server”,
-what is the name of this computer that will be the “server”,
-what is the path that you moved the AYANOVA.FDB database file to on this server,
-has Firebird Server been successfully installed,
-when editing the SYSDBA password was it successful,
-is FireBird Manager running,
-does the AyaNova program connect successfully to the networked Firebird database, etc

1. Provide following files (compressinto a Zip file and attach
    -AyaNova.exe.config from the AyaNova program directory on the server,
    -aliases.conf file from the server’s Firebird directory,
    -ayalog.txt from the AyaNova program directory on this server
  • Joyce
  1. Have you completed the firebird network setup successfully as per the steps in the AyaNova v3 Manual on configuring for network Firebird use?

yes

1. Provide confirmation of the details determined from the steps of the network Firebird configuration
    -what is the ip address of this computer that will be the “server”, 192.168.2.3 what is the name of this computer that will be the “server”, carlos-8e3808be what is the path that you moved the AYANOVA.FDB database file to on this server, c:\data\ayanova has Firebird Server been successfully installed, yes when editing the SYSDBA password was it successful, yes is FireBird Manager running, yes does the AyaNova program connect successfully to the networked Firebird database, etc

No]

1. Provide following files (compressinto a Zip file and attach
    -AyaNova.exe.config from the AyaNova program directory on the server, aliases.conf file from the server’s Firebird directory, ayalog.txt from the AyaNova program directory on this server
  • Joyce

Hi

Thank you for providing the details and files requested.

They allowed me to see that your aliases.conf file is not edited as stated to do so in the AyaNova v3 Manual.

This is also identified in the forum topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2336-90-1.aspx?Highlight=%5cData%5cAyaNova%5cAYANOVA.FDB

You have the comment out # symbol in front of the database name and path as in

[i]#

List of known database aliases

------------------------------

Examples:

dummy = c:\data\dummy.fdb

# AYANOVA = C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB[/i]

It should be as below WITHOUT the # comment out symbol as shown in the example in the AyaNova v3 Manual and in the forum topic identified above

[i]#

List of known database aliases

------------------------------

Examples:

dummy = c:\data\dummy.fdb

AYANOVA = C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB[/i]

Edit you aliases.conf and run AyaNova. I highly recommend that if you encounter an issue to always go back over your steps.

• Joyce

sorry thanks now on to the data portal