Ayanova v3 network installation not working

Hi,

I have gone through the Firebird network configuration steps outlined in the manual, but when I try to run ayanova I get the following error:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: unavailable database

Stack Trace:
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.()

The Firebird database server is telling me that the database doesn’t exist, but it does. The Firebird server is installed and running as a service. The aliases.conf has been modified to point to the network share that the ‘AYANOVA.FDB’ resides on. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Eric

Hi Eric

Do confirm that the AyaNova database resides on the same computer where the Firebird server is?

The aliases.conf file would point to the location of the AyaNova database that is on the same physcial hard drive as where the Firebird server was installed to and is running.

Here is a drawing signifying when using a network configuration - both the database and the Firebird server reside on the same computer - and than the network computers attach to that.

Please reconfigure so that the same computer hosts the AyaNova database as well as runs the Firebird server.

• Joyce

Try turning off the windows firewall, I was tearing my hair out over this one also