Cannot login to QBI - ALways get error username or password invalid

I can’t login to QBI to start using it. When I try to login i receive error (username or password are not valid). I created a different username in QB and gave it right to all objects and still same error. I tried the existing admin account in QB but still same error.

Hi

Usernames and passwords are case sensitive.

Please re-enter the username and password in AyaNova for this user. Save and exit out of AyaNova.
Than re-enter the username and password in QBI

Let me know this now works.

If it continues to say username or password is invalid, please zip up the following two files using WinZipand attach to your reply:

1. A copy of the AyaNova.exe.config configuration file from the AyaNova directory (default location is C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3 is took default location)
  2. And a copy of the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config configuration file from this same directory.

Now this works, it was not mentioned that you have to match both username and password in ayanova with quickbooks.

Now I got another problem, after i enter my username and password I get the following message (the requested connection type could not be found)

Hi again

QBI connects to the same database as the AyaNova program - therefore yes, both MUST match to be able to log in.

Regarding the error message you are now receiving, this is probably occurring because you have AyaNovainstalled usign the stand-alone default installation as outlined in the QBI v3 topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1757-94-1.aspx?Highlight=requested+connection+type+could+not+be+found

When running the default stand-alone installation, you CAN NOT run both the AyaNova program and the QBI program at the same time - you can only run one or the other. This is also outlined in the AyaNova v3 Manual.

Exit out of the AyaNova program before running the QBI program.

• Joyce

I have checked the topic you mentioned before asking my question. I m out of Ayanova before running the QBI but still get same error message

abarakat (10/1/2006)I have checked the topic you mentioned before asking my question. I m out of Ayanova before running the QBI but still get same error message

Hi again

Perform a CTRL-ALT-DEL and select Task Manager. Under processes, is there still an AyaNova.exe running?

If there is, this means the AyaNova program is still running and must be shut down.

If not, run QBI again, andcopy the entire text of the error message to your reply.

Also zip up the two files AyaNova.exe.config and AyaNovaQBI.exe.config as requested previously.

• Joyce

Thank you for sending the two configuration files directly to support@ayanova.com

But you didn’t state in the email if you performed the CTRL-ALT-DEL and confirmed that AyaNova.exe process was NOT running?

And if the error message continues I also would like the full text of the error message you receive when you run QBI to confirm what the full error states.

I would also suggest that you reboot your computer and than run QBI again - in case some how your computer is “holding” the AyaNova program open.

• Joyce

Received a screenshot of the error message.

The error message is a one line error that is not the same error as that identified in the topic referred to above.

Did a search in connection with QuickBooks, and determined this is a known issue with Canadian QuickBooks 2006 if the Update QuickBooks has not yet been run.

THe initial version of QuickBooks Canadian 2006 had a bug that is addressed as soon as the updates are applied.

It is also recommended to apply any updates provided for software - this includes for QuickBooks and for AyaNova.

-Run the QuickBooks Update manually. Choose the menu File > Update Quickbooks…
-In the “Update Quickbooks” window, click “Update now”
-then click on “Get Updates” button. You will see it downloading updates
-Close QuickBooks and than open it again so that the updates are applied
-Now run QBI

• Joyce