Changing serial numbers

We have mixed up serial numbers and we need to change them around to reflect the corresponding model number. I should also mention that we use the Inventory feature in full, entering and receiving POs.

We made a mistake by receiving printer B when we in fact we had ordered printer A. We should have received 0 printer A and created another PO for printer B. Now that the serial number is incorrectly assigned to the wrong printer model, is there a way to switch the serial numbers around to the correct model printer?

I read in a related SN post that I should adjust the wrong printer model by -1 and the right printer model by +1. Will the inventory adjustment allow me to select which printer serial number to -1?

Thanks in advance…Carlos

I’m going to write out what I understand from your message, along with additional details that may or may not be exactly as yours, but to help follow along (i.e. I am going to assume the warehouse in use is Default Warehouse; I am going to assume the serial number assigned to ther received quantity of 1 of Printer1 is SN111, I am going to assume the PO# for the order PrinterA was PO#88, I am going to assume that PrinterB is already set to Track Serial Number)

You had ordered PrinterA with Qty of 1 for warehouse Default Warehouse in PO#88
You had received Qty 1 of PrinterA for this same warehouse ordered for, entering in serial number SN1111 in the PO Receipt.
PO#88 is now Closed - fully received.

You then determined that it is actually PrinterB that should have been ordered and received.

There is not a way to directly move a serial number and quantity to a different part.
What you would do is adjust inventory as needed.

1. Remove the PrinterA quantity received and the entered serial number:
View the Part Inventory grid, confirming that PrinterA for warehouse Default Warehouse has at least a quantity On Hand of 1 with serial number #SN111
Move to the Part Adjustments grid, and create a new Part Adjustment
Enter into the Reason field details - i.e. ordered and received the wrong part
Select the same warehouse received into - the Default Warehouse is my assumption as per above.
Select the part PrinterA
Enter quantity of -1, and tab off so that the available serial number(s) that are presently on hand for this warehouse and part can be listed. Now select the available serial number SN111 (my assumption what the serial number is) from the drop down selection list of available serial numbers.
Save and exit.

2. Add the PrinterB quantity and its serial number:
Create a new Part Adjustment
Enter into the Reason field details - i.e. ordered and received the wrong part PrinterA, removed via part adjustment, now adding to On Hand the correct part PrinterB and its serial SN111
Select the same warehouse received into - the Default Warehouse is my assumption as per above.
Select the part PrinterB
Enter quantity of 1 and tab off so that the serial number field displays for entry.
Type in the serial number SN111
Save and exit
View the Part Inventory grid. Refresh.
(AyaNova will automatically refresh the grid after 5 minutes, but if immediately going to, just use the Refresh menu option for this grid to ensure viewing the latest information)
Confirm that PrinterA for warehouse Default Warehouse no longer displays the serial number SN111 and is reduced by a quantity of 1
And confirm that PrinterB for warehouse Default Warehouse does now display serial number SN111 and has the additional quantity added.

I look forward to your reply post that these steps adjust as needed and that this now resolves the issue for you.

• Joyce