DP Problem

Hi Joyce,

Im having an issue getting Data Portal running, and hopefully you can help me out. I currently have Ayanova running networked with Firebird 2.1.3, and I also have network generator running successfully. I have followed the steps of getting DP running to the letter, but whenever I open IE to test DP, I get http error 500. (this is both localhost: port and server ip: port) Ayanova DP shows up under default website, all bindings and settings are correct. If I change the port number(when testing with IE), instead of http error 500, I get a cannot connect screen. If I let windows diagnose that problem, it says the port I am trying to reach is not configured. I would assume this means that the communication is happening, but for some reason it cannot open the port(when I have it set correct…hopes this makes sense) I have tried with port forwarding rules, and virtual server rules…no go. I have tried with the entire server outside the firewall…no go.

The only thing I can think of, would be with one of the steps when setting up DP. When I was performing the step of confirming which windows features were on, I noticed that while I have .NET 3.5 installed, it only showed .NET 3.0 available. Would this be the problem? How would I make windows show .NET 3.5 in windows features when I already have 3.5 installed? Or I guess better yet, any idea why windows is only showing .NET 3.0 instead of 3.5?

thanks for any help
Brad

Hi Brad

Where are you specifically seeing where it says .NET 3.0 available instead of .NET 3.5 available? From what specific step of setting of DP is this. Do please be specific (I don’t want to make assumptions and than accidently miss something important).

Have you confirmed that the AyaNova 6.6.0.0 program does run successfully on this computer?

Do you definitely have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed on this computer? Where specifically are you seeing this? Do check both within your Windows/Microsoft.NET folders as well as installed components.

If you definitely have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed, have you run the ASP.NET re-register steps to reregister IIS and ASP.NET 3.5 just in case that is the cause?

• Open a command prompt. (select Start -> Run -> type in cmd and press OK)
  • Navigate to ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727’ (type in CD C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ at the command prompt)
  • Type in aspnet_regiis.exe –i at the command prompt and press Enter (this is to register IIS and .NET again)
  • Reboot
  • perform the first testing steps again such as http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl test again (where XXXX is your port number set in Default Web Site)

What operating system is this computer where Data Portal is installed onto?

If XP 64bit or Windows 2003:

If Vista or higher:

Do re-confirm what the private ip address is of this computer - never hurts to double-check yourself.

What is the port number set to in Default Web Site?

What exact path are you entering in the web browser on THIS computer where you have set up AyaNovaDP (include both what you entered for localhost and for using ip) when performing the first testing steps of http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova6webHelp/step_3_dataportal_testing.htm on the server itself (as you would not go to the next testing steps until works on the server itself).

Let me know which of the above helps identify the issue, and what it was. Or if issue continues, do provide all the information requested above.

Do let me know

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

The step would be: Step 1…Part A…(Is IIS installed on computer?)
Where I am seeing (only) 3.0 is in: Programs -> Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off

Yup, Ayanova 6.6 runs, it is currently networked with Firebird 2.1.3. Network Generator is running as well…I can log in from any client and set a notification reminder for new schedule event, and get it on any system in the network.(that is running Ayanova obviously)

As to where I see that I have 3.5…(besides that I just installed it a few days ago)
would be: javascript to query user agent line of IE, and it also shows in the installed program list.

I have attached pics of

1. this servers:Programs -> Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off
  2. this servers java script response
  3. this servers installed program list

#2 and #3 say that .net 3.5 sp1 is installed…#1 does not…weird

net35
net35-2
windows%20features

NOTE: If receiving a similar issue with AyaNova 7 , do note that AyaNova 7 requires .NET Framework 4 not 3.5

Hi again Brad

Didn’t get the other information I listed, so not able to make any additional specific suggestions.

I would again recommend doing as I listed:

If you definitely have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed, have you run the ASP.NET re-register steps to reregister IIS and ASP.NET 3.5 in case that is the cause?

• Open a command prompt. (select Start -> Run -> type in cmd and press OK)
  • Navigate to ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727’ (type in CD C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ at the command prompt)
  • Type in aspnet_regiis.exe –i at the command prompt and press Enter (this is to register IIS and .NET again)
  • Reboot
  • perform the first testing steps again such as http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl test again (where XXXX is your port number set in Default Web Site)

As well as checking and confirming the others I listed.

Do let me know the results from all.