Error on one computer on the network

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,

a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have

been saved to the file AyaLog.txt

located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova

Error details:

Unhandled Exception:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Inner exception: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Hi

I do encourage you to take advantage of searching through the AyaNova Support Forum for the error you are getting.

For example, if you search forSQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 a number of topics comes up including http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic3582-111-1.aspx?Highlight=+26±+Errorwhich points you to what to troubleshoot as it usually is either the TCPIP protocol isn’t set, or the SQL Server Browser isn’t running, or there is a firewall on the server that has not been set to allow the SQL server to talk through. Do go through the recommendations via that link. If you continue to experience an issue, do confirm in your reply exactly what you checked and its results.

• Joyce

It is set to TCP/IP and all of the other computers on the network can connect to Ayanova, so I know the sql is working on the server. My computer can browse to the server and create and delete files, so i don’t think its a windows permissions thing. I did not change any of my local windows passwords.

Any ideas?

Clay

Hi Clay

Sounds like there is something specific about this computer if it can not connect, and all the other networked computers can.

A suggestion would be to double-check that the config.txt of this computer that can not connect is exactly the same as the other networked computers that can connect.

Anothersuggestion would be as per the forum topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic4256-111-1.aspxwhich is returned when you do a search for the text SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 in that maybe there is something about this computer that needs to have the server’s IP address identified in the config.txt instead of the SQL server’s name. Try that.

If neither of those is the cause, then I would suggest comparing everything about this computer to another computer that does successfully connect to troubleshoot and narrow down what is different about this computer that won['t allow it to connect.

Do post back what you find.

• Joyce

ip address did not resolve issue. I copied the config from another computer and still no fix (all 6 computers use the same config i copied originally). Still no go…

Hi again

If neither of those is the cause, then I would suggest comparing everything about this computer to another computer that does successfully connect to troubleshoot and narrow down what is different about this computer that won['t allow it to connect as it does give every indication it is something specific about this computer that is causing it not to be able to connect if all the other networked computers are able to.

Do post back what you find.

• Joyce