Errors in WBI and MBI after upgrading

Good morning.

We upgraded Ayanova this mornign as per the instructions that you emailed us. Program is running fine but neother the WBI nor the MBI sites work.

Both have the error:

Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI’ Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File →

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode=“Off”/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the “defaultRedirect” attribute of the application’s <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File →

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode=“RemoteOnly” defaultRedirect=“mycustompage.htm”/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Could you please provide some direction on what to look for. the config.txt file was put in the correct /bin fodlers.

Hi

Load the URL to your WBI on the server itself so that you get the actual error message.

The message you are getting is because you are testing from another computer, not the server itself.

As per the WBI Testing Steps section http://www.ayanova.com/wbi7webHelp/wbi_server_testing.htm the first testing of the URL step is always to be at the server itself.

Then redo the WBI 7 installation steps http://www.ayanova.com/wbi7webHelp/wbi_server_installation.htm - checking and confirming each requirement and step as you go along.

• Joyce

I have already tried:

If you definitely have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed, have you run the ASP.NET re-register steps to reregister IIS and ASP.NET 3.5 just in case that is the cause?

• Open a command prompt. (select Start -> Run -> type in cmd and press OK)
  • Navigate to ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727’ (type in CD C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ at the command prompt)
  • Type in aspnet_regiis.exe –i at the command prompt and press Enter (this is to register IIS and .NET again)
  • Reboot
  • perform the first testing steps again such as http://localhost:XXXX/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdl test again (where XXXX is your port number set in Default Web Site)

The localhost also gives the same error.

Why are you checking for .NET 3.5?

AyaNova 7 and its options require .NET 4

If encounter an issue, you will always need to recheck every step and requirement first.

• Joyce

I did the WBI testing on the server and got:

Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI’ Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute ‘targetFramework’. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 7: </appSettings>
Line 8: <system.web>
Line 9: <compilation debug=“false” targetFramework=“4.0”>
Line 10: <assemblies>
Line 11: <add assembly=“System.Security, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A” />

Source File: C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI\web.config Line: 9

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5446; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

Silly me <Slaps myself on the side of the head>

Reran the asp registration for v4 and all is fine :slight_smile: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Excellent!

If ever an issue, do always recheck your steps and requirements. Usually its just that one or more of the steps or requirements is missing. Glad to hear resolved. Have a great holiday weekend.

• Joyce