How to create a Net Total on detailed report with Grand Total.

G’Day,

I would like to modify the xrNetTaxA field on a Detailed Report with Grand Total to display the Net Totals (sum xrNetLabour, xrNetTravel, etc). This is because we generally quote prices with totals less tax to businesses but quote grand totals to individuals.

It is basicaly a grand total less the tax I require and the image below should indicate what I am trying to achieve.
anreportmod.jpg

I would like to use the xrNetTaxA field as TaxA is redundant for us as we only have a single tax rate and I am using TaxB for this. Also this field sits right where I want it so I dont have to change the form layout.

I looked into the script xrNetTaxA_BeforePrint however I dont want to get playing around in there.

Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason.

Hello Jason

I’m confused as to what specifically you want to do.

This part tells me you do want to use the xrNetTaxA field “I would like to use the xrNetTaxA field”
This part tells me you don’t want to use the xrNetTaxA field “TaxA is redundant for us as we only have a single tax rate and I am using TaxB for this.” (as the example report template field with the Name of xrNetTaxA displays the sum of all Tax A from all labor, parts, etc)
But then this part I am not sure if referring to the xrNetTaxA field to still be in its same location (which contradicts that you want to NOT use it) or that you want the xrNetTaxB field to be where the xrNetTaxA field presently sits “Also this field sits right where I want it so I dont have to change the form layout.”

Sorry but I am not sure what the image is supposed to show us - I can not see what that red font field presently showing $0.00 is derived from - as you can relabel a label whatever you want, whereas the $0.00 is derived from something specifically but I can not see what that is from the image.

My recommendation would be to send the following to support@ayanova.com as per the forum topic Custom-report-templates so that I can see if this is something I can quickly do and explain how to; or if not, provide a quote to do so:

1. Export a copy of YOUR report template to a file and attach
  2. Print preview from a workorder this report, so it shows in all the fields what’s what as it is right now. Export to PDF and also attach to your email.
  3. In your email, identify by the precise field Name(s) (when viewing this report template via the Report Designer) what exact field(s) you do not want to show, which field(s) you do want to show, and what you want the field to exactly do (i.e. sum up all Tax B amounts, and if it was done this way what that field(s) would show for $ on that example PDF report you send.
  4. Also include a screenshot of your Tax Codes grid so that I can see what you have for % in what fields etc just in case has a bearing.

The above may let me see more clearly what you want to do and then we can go from there.

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for your response. I will try and explain it in a less confusing manner.

What do I want to do = Have a net total printed on the report.
What is a net total = The sum of all labour, parts, travelling, misc’ expenses and loans not including tax.
Where on the report do I want it = where the XrNetTaxA field is.

What I do not want to do = Use the xrNetTaxA field for anything else other than identifying where on the report I would like to display the Net Total.

So if confusion still reigns try thinking of it this way:
Step 1 - Get Grand Total.
Step 2 - Subtract the TAX.
Step 3 - Display this amount on the report where the xrNetTaxA field is.

Additional Info to the original request.
The same information is required on the report when multiple units are serviced under the same workorder. Currently the report details the totals for parts, labour, etc for each item but does not provide a net total for each individual item. Therefore when the client wants to know how much each item will cost to service we have to get out the calculator and add the parts and labour totals.

Regards.

Jason.

Hi Jason

I see you posted here as well as sent the files via email to support@ayanova.com I will post here as well for the benefit of any others, as well as in reply to your email

The process I would use would not be to get the Grand Total and subtract the tax, instead the process that I would recommend would be to add up the totals of the existing Net’s that you do want to show in that field instead, as there are already scripts gathering the running totals of all of those Nets.

Presently the before_print for the field Named xrNetTaxA is :

private void xrNetTaxA_BeforePrint(object sender, System.Drawing.Printing.PrintEventArgs e)
{
xrNetTaxA.Text = string.Format("{0:c2}", NetTaxA);
}

And as you want to have the running totals of Labor (which is presently that the running total obtained through scripts is put into NetLabor and displayed in the field in the xrNetLabor field in the ReportFooter1), Travel (running total is put into NetTravel and displayed in the field in the xrNetTravel field in the ReportFooter1), Parts , Misc Exp and Loans using the scripts already in place, edit that before_print so that it instead is:

private void xrNetTaxA_BeforePrint(object sender, System.Drawing.Printing.PrintEventArgs e)
{
xrNetTaxA.Text = string.Format("{0:c2}", NetLabor + NetTravel + NetPart + NetMiscExpense + NetLoan);
}

I would be happy to provide step by step specifics on why and how etc, if you would like to do so - do reply via the private email and we can discuss fees and your needs.

• Joyce