Invoicing

I am having problems getting QBI to identify a Workorder that is ready for invoicing. It tells me that there are no WO ready for invoicing when there are.

I have double checked everything in the WO as per common issues. All the updates are installed and I have checked that all files are present.

Thanks

Gil

Hi Gil

In QBI what are the following settings:
What is the Billable Workorder Status set to in QBI?
In the workorder that is ready:

Is the Service Completed field check-marked?
Is the Closed field not check-marked?
Is the Invoice #: field empty?
Is the Workorder Status set to that selected in Preferences for Billable Workorder Status as identified above?

Also note that QBI only obtains information on workorders when it first loads. So if any changes were made to the workorder with QBI open, you will need to close QBI and log back in.

Close QBI
Log back in
Does the workorder now show?

• Joyce

Yes I have done all that. I do get an error when I go to preferences in QBI is will not allow me to change the WO status. When I try to do this I get an exception error. It continues to read <Any Status>

Gil

Please provide the full text of the error message you receive.

For example, if there is a Details button on the error message, click that and copy the entire message into your reply.

And to make sure I understand exactly where you are reading <Any Status>, refer to the screenshot below - where the screenshot shows “Status” field set to: Waiting to be Invoiced, yours says instead “Status” field set to: <Any Status>?

• Joyce

This is what I get:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AyaNovaQBI.SetWOStatus.get_SelectedStatus()
at AyaNovaQBI.Util.ValidateSettings(Boolean ForceReset)
at AyaNovaQBI.MainForm.(Object , ToolClickEventArgs )
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolMenuItem.OnClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: [file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll](file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll)

AyaNovaQBI
Assembly Version: 3.2.2.0
Win32 Version: 3.2.2.0
CodeBase: [file:///D:/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/AyaNovaQBI.exe](file:///D:/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/AyaNovaQBI.exe)

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: [file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll](file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll)

System
CodeBase: [file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll](file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll)

System.Drawing
CodeBase: [file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll](file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll)

Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinStatusBar.v6.1
Ass

And to make sure I understand exactly where you are reading <Any Status>, refer to the screenshot below - where the screenshot shows “Status” field set to: Waiting to be Invoiced, yours says instead “Status” field set to: <Any Status>?

I need to know what you are seeing and where your information is coming from.

What does this screen display for you - provide exactly.

• Joyce

What is the Workorder Status set to in the workorder?

I need confirmation from you - has any workorder status been previously selected in QBI?

• Joyce

The workorder status within the WO reads <Any Status> the workorder status in QBI under preferences reads <Any Status> also, when I try to customize it, under preferences, that is when I get that error as shown previously.

Gil

I think I am misunderstanding you.

Do you have any Workorder Statuses set up in AyaNova?

If so, state their names.

In this workorder that is ready to be invoiced - open it up, what is exactly displaying in the Workorder Status field in the workorder itself? Your information is giving me the impression you have a status created that is called <Any Status> and it is selected in this workorder?

And were you previously able to display ready to be invoiced workorders in QBI?

If I can get a copy of your database file, along with your AyaNova Administrator username/password, and the exact workorder number you are referring to - I can better identify what it is that you are seeing and experiencing.

Send a zipped copy (use WinZipto zip up the database) of your database file directly to support@ayanova.com Do not send a largefile uncompressed. If you have any questions on what to send or how to make a copy, identify exactly what type of configuration you have (default standalone, network Firebird, SQL Express or SQL Server), etc so I can better provide help.

• Joyce

OK I will get our network administrator to get this sorted and sent to you.

Thank you

Gil

A big thanks to Joyce and the ayanova support team for the fix to this problem.

The problem was found to be the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config was pointing to a completely differentdatabase. Our actual database is using SQL Express.

The fix for the problem was:

1. Log into the AyaNova program and confirm this is the actual data you want.

2. Exit out of AyaNova.

3. Delete the existing AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file

4. Make a copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file and rename it to AyaNovaQBI.exe.config.

5. Now start QBI and confirm it works correctly.

6. Delete the AYANOVA.FDB file so that there is no mistake down the road if you are using SQL Express database, not that AYANOVA.FDB file.

7. Make sure you backup your SQL Express database on a regular basis. You can review the procedures for doing this in the AyaNova v3 Manual under "Backup & Recovery.

Thankyou again Joyce for your quick response andfix for this problem.

Gil