Keep getting .net error when trying to run new AyaNova QBI program--frustrated

I keep getting this error after I install the QB install files. I am using the AyaNove QBI v3 install manual and following the steps. I have made sure I am running the current version of .Net and I uninstalled all my AyaNova software and redownloaded the current version 3.2.1 since I had no data yet since this is all a new install and I can’t get it to work. I just installed Quickbooks Pro 2006 edition this morning so I have no exisiting data in there as well. This is all a new setup.

When I click on the AyaNovaQBI icon on my desktop which by the way looks like a notepad sort of icon instead of the normal icon I get the error below. Can you please help this is getting really frustrating to me.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.ApplicationException: Connection type: “” not valid in application configuration file
at GZTW.Profile.AyaNovaConnectionSettings.GetConnectionData()
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.DataPortal_Fetch(Object Criteria)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNovaQBI.MainForm.(Object , EventArgs )
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4

Hi Debbie

The message you are receiving is because you have not completed the steps to setup QBI

You have not created the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file as directed in step #4 in the QBI v3 Manual http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/installationdatabaseconfiguration.htm

Please note that you haven’t posted answers to the previous post http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1616-90-1.aspxregarding the versions so that I can help troubleshoot what the issue is.

Please do so. Here are the questions again.

1. What is the exact version of your AyaNova - select menu Help -> About AyaNova - (do note the version is three numbers X.X.X, not just two)

2. What is the exact version of QBI - in QBI select menu Help -> About (again, do note the version is three numbers X.X.X, not just two)

3. Open Windows Explorer, open the AyaNova program folder (default is C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3) what is the Modified Date of the following two files

-AyaNova.exe
-GTZW.AyaNova.BLL.dll

• Joyce

Hi again Debbie

Do note that there is only one AyaNova.exe.config file in the AyaNova program folder

The others have different extensions such as AyaNova.exe.config.DATAPORTAL_VERSION etc

If you are not seeing proper extensions, than you may not have your Windows Explorer set to view extensions.

1. Open Windows Explorer and select menu View

2. Make sure Details is checked

3.Select menu optionTools -> Folder Options

4. Select the tab View

1. Make sure Show Hidden Files and Folders is checkmarked

2. Make sure Hide file extensions for known file types is not checkmarked

3. Click on Apply button

4. Click on Use Current Folder button to set all folders to use this type of view

5. Select Yes

Now you can see the file extensions of all files, as well as see the dates etc of the files.

Don’t forget to confirm the program versions as directed in the previous post above, and in your other topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1616-90-1.aspx

• Joyce

This is what is shown in the About AyaNova. I will go back to the program files and try to rename the AyaNova.exe.config file bot for now I can’t get any QBI version information since the program won’t open.

License information:
Key issued: 6/29/2006 2:20:07 PM
Registered to: NOMEC, LLC
Scheduleable users: 1
Option - QuickBooks interface: True
Option - Web browser interface: False

Technical information:
Machine name: EGGBERT
AyaNova Connection: FireBird database, connection string=“ServerType=1;DataBase=AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;”
Generate PM and Notify from this connection: True
OS user name: Nomec
Networked: True
OS user domain name: EGGBERT
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
System folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32
CLR version: 2.0.50727.42
Current directory: C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3
Logical drives: C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\ G:\ H:\ I:\ J:\
Working set: 60858368
Primary monitor size: {Width=1280, Height=720}
Locale current culture: English (United States)
Locale currency symbol: $
Locale short date pattern: M/d/yyyy
Locale short time pattern: h:mm tt
Primary assembly: AyaNova 3.2.1.0
*** Business object assembly sub version: 3.2.0 ***
Primary assembly location: [file:///C:/Program](file:///C:/Program) Files/Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc/AyaNova 3/AyaNova.exe
References:
System.Windows.Forms 2.0.0.0
mscorlib 2.0.0.0
System.Drawing 2.0.0.0
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
System 2.0.0.0
Infragistics2.Win.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
log4net 1.2.9.0
Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinEditors.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinToolbars.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
GZTW.WinForm.Controls 3.0.0.0
GZTW.AyaNova.BLL 3.2.0.0
System.Data 2.0.0.0
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTree.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
CSLA 1.3.0.0
DevExpress.XtraReports3 1.12.5.0
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinStatusBar.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
Infragistics2.Shared.v6.1 6.1.20061.1035
mscorlib 1.0.5000.0
CSLA.Core.Bindablebase 1.3.0.0
System.Xml 2.0.0.0
FirebirdSql.Data.Firebird 1.7.1.0
DevExpress.XtraPrinting3 1.12.5.0
System.Configuration 2.0.0.0
DevExpress.XtraNavBar3 2.7.5.0
DevExpress.Utils3 3.2.5.0

Session information:
User settings
User: AyaNova Administrator
Language: English
UserType: Administrator
SubContractor: False
Region: DEFAULT
Global settings
Language: English
Use Notification services: True
CJK Index: False
Use inventory: True
Use regions: True

I renamed the file to AyaNovaQBI.exe.config and this is what shows inside the folder. It doesn’t have a line in there that says User=AyaNova;Password=AyaNova; in the configuration line. Also in the book after the line <?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?> <configuration> it has <startup> but if you notice from what I posted below it is missing this tagline in my file.

<appSettings>
<add key=“Authentication” value=“CSLA” />

<!-- Use the embedded Firebird database -->
<add key=“ConnectionType” value=“DataBase” />
<add key=“DataBaseType” value=“FireBird” />
<add key=“DataBaseConnectionString” value=“ServerType=1;DataBase=AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;” />
<add key=“GenerateFromThisConnection” value=“true”/>

</appSettings>
</configuration>

Hi Debbie

Would you please perform the steps identified in the previous post on making sure you can see file dates and extensions

Once you have that, than as identified above make sure the two files are dated June 29 2006 - if they are than continue with your QBI configuration as now you can see file extensions.

• Joyce

The mod date on the files AyaNova.exe is 6-29-06 and GTZW.AyaNova.bll.dll is also 6-29-06

Hi Debbie

Regarding the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file - if there isn’t any user=AYANOVA;password=AYANOVA you can now continue on with QBI Configuration as that step would not apply because that isn’t in your original AyaNova.exe.config file.

Thank you for confirming the files dates that you are using the latest version of AyaNova.

• Joyce