QBI won't open after update

Hi I installed all of the new updates and my AyaNova program is running fine however when following the install instructions it said to remove QBI first, which I did and then redownloaded and reinstalled after the AyaNova update and now I am getting the following error message on QBI

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.ApplicationException: Connection type: “” not valid in application configuration file
at GZTW.Profile.AyaNovaConnectionSettings.GetConnectionData()
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.DataPortal_Fetch(Object Criteria)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNovaQBI.MainForm.(Object , EventArgs )
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: [file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll](file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll)

AyaNovaQBI
Assembly Version: 3.2.4.0
Win32 Version: 3.2.4.0
CodeBase: <A href=“file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/AyaNovaQBI.exe”>file:///C:/Program%

Hi Debbie

This is the same error you posted in the topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1620-94-1.aspxin July

The error occurs because you do not have the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file

Create a copy of your AyaNova.exe.config file, and rename AyaNovaQBI.exe.config

• Joyce

So am I going to have to do that everytime there is an update?

Hi Debbie

You must have a AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file to be able to run QBI - if its not there, it won’t run.

Uninstalling QBI does not remove the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file as that is created by you when you first configured QBI, but if you remove it, you have to recreate it.

• Joyce