Server WBI Error

Either due to a licence update for Ayanova or a windows update we are know unable to use WBI due to a server error. The following is from the log file from server side.

Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI’ Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +61
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Let me know if you require any further information.

Regards

Gareth.

Good morning Gareth

Do I assume that you haverebooted the WBI computer, made sure the IIS was running and tried again?

Please provide the following information:

-Log into the AyaNova program on this WBI server, select menu Help -> About AyaNova ->copy all text to a NotePad document, save and attach
-On the WBI server, open Windows Explorer, and move to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AyaNovaWBI\bin directory

• what is the file date of the file GTZW.AyaNovaWBI.dll and GTZW.AyaNova.dll

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Help --> About reads:

License information:
Key issued: 09/01/2007 17:06:05
Registered to: Mobil Information Systems Ltd
Scheduleable users: 5
Option - QuickBooks interface: False
Option - Web browser interface: True

Technical information:
Machine name: MOBILISVR1
AyaNova Connection: MSSQL database, connection string=“data source=XXXXXXX;initial catalog=AyaNova;User Id=sa; Password=xxxxxxxxxx;”
Generate PM and Notify from this connection: False
OS user name: gareth.davies
Networked: True
OS user domain name: MOBIL-I
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1
System folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32
CLR version: 2.0.50727.42
Current directory: C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3
Logical drives: C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\
Working set: 33476608
Primary monitor size: {Width=1280, Height=1024}
Locale current culture: English (Ireland)
Locale currency symbol: €
Locale short date pattern: dd/MM/yyyy
Locale short time pattern: HH:mm
Primary assembly: AyaNova 3.3.3.0
*** Business object assembly (GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.dll) Sub Version: 1 ***
Primary assembly location: [file:///C:/Program](file:///C:/Program) Files/Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc/AyaNova 3/AyaNova.exe
References:
System.Windows.Forms 2.0.0.0
mscorlib 2.0.0.0
System.Drawing 2.0.0.0
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
System 2.0.0.0
Infragistics2.Win.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
log4net 1.2.9.0
Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinEditors.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinToolbars.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
GZTW.WinForm.Controls 3.2.0.0
GZTW.AyaNova.BLL 3.3.3.0
System.Data 2.0.0.0
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTree.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
CSLA 1.3.0.0
DevExpress.XtraReports.v6.3 6.3.2.0
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinStatusBar.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
Infragistics2.Shared.v6.3 6.3.20063.53
mscorlib 1.0.5000.0
CSLA.Core.Bindablebase 1.3.0.0
System.Xml 2.0.0.0
FirebirdSql.Data.Firebird 1.7.1.0
DevExpress.XtraPrinting.v6.3 6.3.2.0
DevExpress.Utils.v6.3 6.3.2.0
System.Configuration 2.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v6.3 6.3.2.0
DevExpress.XtraNavBar.v6.3 6.3.2.0

Session information:
User settings
User: Gareth Davies
Language: English
UserType: Schedulable
SubContractor: False
Region: Ireland
Global settings
Language: MIS English
Use Notification services: True
CJK Index: False
Use inventory: True
Use regions: True

Also the file dates are:-

GTZW.AyanovaWBI.dll - 18/12/2006

GTZW.Ayanova.dll - not found (however there is GTZW.Ayanova.BLL.DLL with a date of 19/11/2006)

Hope this helps

Thanks - Gareth

Hi Gareth

You are correct - I meant GTZW.AyaNova.BLL.dll

Perform the following:

-Un-install WBI from the computer.
-Use Windows Explorer to open C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ and make sure the AyaNOvaWBI folder is completely removed
-Download the latest WBI installation file from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm
-Perform the installation and configuration of WBI again

You will also note that the files GTZW.AyaNova.BLL.dll and the GTZW.AyaNovaWBI.dll are now both dated January 2007 and if right-click on them, select Properties, select the Version tab, are for use with version3.3.3.0

Let me know that once you have WBI 3.3.3.0 installed, the issue is resolved.

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

We have done the above but recieve the following error.<H2>Runtime Error </H2>

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.

When we try to view the website on the local machine we get this error

<SPAN><H1>Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI’ Application. <HR width=“100%” color=silver SIZE=1></H1><H2>External component has thrown an exception. </H2>

</SPAN>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.

Source Error:

<TABLE width=“100%” bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</CODE> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Stack Trace:

<TABLE width=“100%” bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE><PRE>[SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.] </PRE><PRE>ASP.global_asax…ctor() +0[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.] </PRE><PRE>System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, </PRE><PRE>Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0 </PRE><PRE>System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +103 </PRE><PRE>System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +261 </PRE><PRE> System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66 </PRE><PRE>System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, </PRE><PRE>Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +1036 </PRE><PRE>System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, </PRE><PRE>CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +114 </PRE><PRE>System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +184 </PRE><PRE>System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +106 </PRE><PRE>System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +317</PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR width=“100%” color=silver SIZE=1>

Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210 <!-- [SEHException]: External component has thrown an exception. at ASP.global_asax…ctor()[TargetInvocationException]: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean public

Hi

I have not come across such an error before.

1. Please confirm - now what is the file dates and the versions of the GTZW.AyaNova.BLL.dll and GTZW.AyaNovaWBI.dll in the bin directory?

2. Also confirm that you have edited the installed Web.Config file as the WBI installation states to do.

3. Run the .NET repair and the registry re-application as outlined in http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2334-95-1.aspx- confirm both these have been done, the computer has been rebooted, and what the outcome is now as the

• Joyce

Hi again

Please do post back - did running the registry repair, and the .NET repair fix the issue, or ?

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Running the .Net repair has solved the problem, we are up and running, thank you for the help.

Gareth

I receive the same error sometimes. Anywhere, somtimes my employee try to add a service order and he gets that error, today my client tried to create a Service Request and received that error, sometimes viewing a service request generate that error. the weird thing is that you wait a few minutes or hours and then it work fine.

Im using the firebird database. I cannot replciate the problem because right now is working. I got the latest update you guys launched.

Hi

You get the exact same error text?

[SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.]

I would recommend that you run the .NET repair and the registry re-application as outlined in http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2334-95-1.aspxon the computer where WBI and IIS is running.

• Joyce

Well now that you mentioned I dont know if is exactly the same error. And I cannot find a way now to replicate the problem. It just look the same, but I will pay attention and past it if neccessary so you guys know. Sorry for not paying attention to the error, I should know better.

Here we go I did it. I logon as one of my Clients, Click on Service Workorders, Click on one of the work Orders and I got this error

AyaNovaWBI encountered an unexpected problem
What happened
There was an unexpected error in the AyaNovaWBI web site. This may be due to a programming bug or installation / configuration problem.
How this will effect you
The current page will not load or continue processing the last operation.
What you can do about it
Close this page and try repeating your last action. Try alternative methods of performing the same action. If problems persist contact AyaNova support via the AyaNova technical support forum. Be sure to provide a copy of the support information below in your support request and a detailed description of the scope of the problem and what steps led to it.
The following information about the error was automatically captured:

And I just tried again less than a minute and is working the same workorder I am able to view it. That is exactly what is doing, sometimes you cannot access it, and few minutes later or hours later you are able to view the work order or add work order. Should I change to SQL?

And I just tried again less than a minute and is working the same workorder I am able to view it. That is exactly what is doing, sometimes you cannot access it, and few minutes later or hours later you are able to view the work order or add work order. Should I change to SQL?

I would suggest checking the following:

-From your other topic posting, the database is located on an E:\ - is this a different harddrive from where the Firebird Server is installed to?
-I would recommend checking the server where the database, IIS / WBI is running on - check what is happening such as is it overloaded, low on memory, etc
-If Firebird is too slow, than yes, moving to SQL would increase speed - but do note that SQL requires a higher end server due to the processing / memory requirements of SQL

• Joyce
  1. Is the same server and the same hard drive, is just partioned in 2. Everything is installed on drive C and just the database is on Drive E

2. I just chekced the event viewer and this is what I found, exactly at the same time my client tried to access the web and a few minutes ago when I tried.

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category:Web Event
Event ID:1309
Date:6/18/2007
Time:12:15 PM
User:N/A
Computer:NOVASVR
Description:
Event code: 3003
Event message: A validation error has occurred.
Event time: 6/18/2007 12:15:44 PM
Event time (UTC): 6/18/2007 4:15:44 PM
Event ID: 6c70123cd8c14ffa891c252dc2c0e8d1
Event sequence: 15
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/NovaWebService-2-128266438322812500
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /NovaWebService
Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NovaWebService\
Machine name: NOVASVR

Process information:
Process ID: 2308
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpRequestValidationException
Exception message: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (edDetails="… <comehomeorlando.com…").

Request information:
Request URL: http://67.78.169.34/novawebservice/ClientServiceRequestEdit.aspx?clientid=5318515f-7436-490c-bc92-95e015e21e9f
Request path: /novawebservice/ClientServiceRequestEdit.aspx
User host address: 71.41.113.254
User: Vilma Sosa
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: CSLA
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 1
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, String collectionName)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm()
at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull)
at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.clientservicerequestedit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

1. My Server Specific

We will have to look into this as have not come across this before.

Could you send the following information directly to support@ayanova.com and we will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.

URL to your WBI

Client username and password to log in

Exactly what was selected, entered etc to obtain that error above (I realize I may not get that error right now - but it is extremely important that I receive exactly what was done to recreate) - provide the exact workorder, any text entered, etc

Thank you

Hi again
Thank you for sending the informaiton. Such a message usually occurs because text is being entered that IIS (your Microsoft Internet Information Service) is identifying as potentially dangereous - and therefore prevents the text from going through. For example, text entered with < > around it. If you have to enter text that uses the < > symbols, do the following; otherwise refrain from using those symbols:

1. Open up the Web.config using NotePad (do not use any other editor) for WBI, and add the following line

<pages validateRequest=“false” />

between the <system.web> and </system.web>. For example, add as a line just above </system.web> such as below

<!–/AyaNova specific–>

<system.web>
<!-- Assembly references, do not modify this section unless directed to do so by technical support -->
<compilation>
<assemblies>
<add assembly=“System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089”/>
<add assembly=“System.Data.OracleClient, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089”/>
<add assembly=“System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089”/>
<add assembly=“System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“System.Security, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“Microsoft.VisualC, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089”/>
<add assembly=“System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089”/>
<add assembly=“System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089”/>
<add assembly=“System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A”/>
<add assembly=“Infragistics2.WebUI.WebSchedule.v6.3, Version=6.3.20063.53, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb” />
<add assembly=“Infragistics2.WebUI.Shared.v6.3, Version=6.3.20063.53, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb” />
</assemblies>
</compilation>
<!–Compression - Do not modify unless directed to do so by technical support–>
<httpModules>
<add name=“CompressionModule” type=“blowery.Web.HttpCompress.HttpModule, blowery.web.HttpCompress”/>
</httpModules>
<!–/Compression–>
<!–Security and error handling, DO NOT CHANGE–>
<authentication mode=“Forms”>
<forms name=“WBILogin” loginUrl=“login.aspx” protection=“All” timeout=“999999” />
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
<customErrors mode=“Off” defaultRedirect="~/HandleError.aspx">
<error statusCode=“404” redirect="~/stub.aspx"/>
</customErrors>
<!-- / Security and error handling–>
<pages validateRequest=“false” />
</system.web>

<!–

1. Save the Web.config file

2. Restart IIS (or reboot the entire machine)

3. Once rebooted, log into WBI and check out the same workorder where was getting the issue, or create a new service request with the exact same text as previously.

Let me know the result. If you have an issue, do be sure to attach a zipped copy of the edited Web.config as well as details of what is occurring. Thank you

• Joyce