Synchronizing Price Changes done in QuickBooks to AyaNova

Can we synchronize price changes in Quickbooks to AyaNova on demand or do we have to wait until we invoice for QBI to tell us that there are price differences? I updated a price in QuickBooks for a part, saved it, and opened QBI and manually relinked the part that I updated but the price change is not updating in AyaNova. Can’t I manually update the price when I initially make the change?

DebbieH (7/19/2006)Can we synchronize price changes in Quickbooks to AyaNova on demand or do we have to wait until we invoice for QBI to tell us that there are price differences? I updated a price in QuickBooks for a part, saved it, and opened QBI and manually relinked the part that I updated but the price change is not updating in AyaNova. Can’t I manually update the price when I initially make the change?

Hi Debbie

Linking does not import data between QuickBooks and AyaNova - linking identifies which QuickBooks part to invoice out at when a linked AyaNova part is in a workorder.

Linking does not update prices in AyaNova

Only when you first import a QuickBooks part into AyaNova would place the QuickBooks price in the AyaNova price.

If a price difference is made either in QuickBooks or AyaNova, at the time you invoice, QBI will advise you there is a price difference, and at that time, you have four options regarding the price difference.

1. Use the workorder price as it is; even though it’s different
  2. Set the workorder item’s price to the QuickBooks price
  3. Set the AyaNova object’s default price to be the QuickBooks price from now on
  4. Set the QuickBooks object’s default price to be the AyaNova price from now on

This information is displayed in the QBI v3 Manual http://www.ayanova.com/QBIwebHELP/index.html?fix_unlinked_objects_or_parts_.htm along with screenshots and additional information.

I highly encourage you to review the QBI Manual as it provides information on all QBI features.

• Joyce

Thanks, I did read that in the book about the updates when invoicing I was just hoping that I could stay on top of all the prices so they are the same in both programs. So when changes are made after the initial linking I will manually have to update both programs with the prices, is that correct? I just want to make sure I understand your answer.

Hi Debbie

You have a choice - either manually update by editing both programs - or when you perform the invoicing via QBI, at that time it will identify if there is a price difference, and you can select which of those four options to take.

QBI does not automatically synchronize prices as a safety precaution for you - otherwise you could have someone in QucikBooks changing prices, someone in AyaNova changing prices, and QBI taking an incorrect price from QuickBooks or AyaNova. This is in your control so that your accounting is maintained by someone with responsibility for that aspect.

• Joyce

Just an update - the upcoming QBI version 4 will have the ability to automatically update all AyaNova parts price and cost via a single menu option with the item price and cost of the linked item in QuickBooks. Check out the latest version of AyaNova 4.

• Joyce

Joyce,

Does this mean that there will soon be the ability to link all parts to a single “Item” in QuickBooks and have it make journal entries to the COGS and income accounts? Same with labor?

I can’t wait !

Thanks

Josh

Hi Josh

You can do that now with QBI 3 - link all AyaNova parts to a single QuickBooks item. And when you invoice via QBI into QuickBooks, QuickBooks looks after making journal entires to the COGS and income accounts. You can do that now.

The upcoming QBI 4 will have the following new features:

-ability to import AyaNova’s parts into QuickBooks via QBI
-import AyaNova’s service rates into QuickBooks via QBI
-import AyaNova’s travel rates into QuickBooks via QBI
-QBI import of AyaNova client/vendor into/or from QuickBooks modified to reflect new contact information fields in AyaNova
-Set Terms via Preferences so that when importing AyaNova clients into QuickBooks, the new imported QuickBooks client uses that set Terms so you do not have to edit the QuickBooks client after importing.
-And the new ability to update all linked AyaNova parts price and costwith the price and cost set in QuickBooks for the linked parts.

• Joyce