A few questions

Hi, I’m researching software for a property-maintenance company. I would be grateful for answers to the following questions:

1. Ayanova Lite - In the workorder dialogue, how do you enter labour hours for work that took more than 1 day? If I enter a start date and end date days apart, it seems to assume that all the hours in between were labour hours.

2. Ayanova Lite - In the workorder dialogue, is ti possible to enter more than 1 line of labour hours? Or how do you enter labour at differing rates for one workorder?

3. Ayanova Lite - Is it possible to attach photos or other external documents to a workorder?

4. Ayanova - In WBI, is can you customise what fields are presented to clients to be filled out when requesting service?

5. Ayanova - From the Generator, is it possible to create an event which notifies a scheduled user of a newly created service request (from the client WBI), and if so, is it possible to customise which fields from the service request are included in the notification?

Thanks in advance,

Flood

Hi Flood, great to hear from you! I’ve listed your questions below along with details about. Let me know if anything else can help with.

Although AyaNova Lite will fill in the Service Rate Quantity for you based on the difference betwee start and stop date/time, you can certainly edit the Service Rate Quantity after entering in the start and stop.

For example, if the job was started on Jan 18 8:30am and not finished till Jan 19 3:00pm, but only 4 hours of actual service were performed in between that time - enter in the start date/time. enter in the stop date/time. the Service Rate Quantity will initialy update itself to 25.5 hours. Edit the Service Rate Quantity to 4.

Now with the full AyaNova, you could also enter into the No Charge Hours field the hours you did not bill for, to keep track of if you wanted. See also the fields of the Labor subsection of the full AyaNova service workorder Feature Details > Service Workorders > Service Workorder entry screen > Service Workorder Items SubItems > Labor for more suggestions on use of these fields in the full AyaNova

Not via AyaNova Lite. AyaNova Lite does not have the features of the full AyaNova, including it does not allow entry of more than one labor item per service workorder. Whereas with the full AyaNova, you can enter as many labor items per workorder as you need, as well as many workorder items per workorder, schedule as many people per, etc etc.

See also the Service Workorder section of the full AyaNova Help documentation which details each section of the service workorder such as Feature Details > Service Workorders > Service Workorder entry screen > The Order Header

Not via AyaNova Lite. AyaNova Lite does not include the Wiki feature - only the full AyaNova has this. See in the full AyaNova Help documentation the section on Wiki starting with Feature Details > Wiki > Wiki

As with all of AyaNova, you can certainly localize the field labels to display however you wish - the Help section Customization of AyaNova > Localization - customize labels gets you started with an overview and links to tutorial etc.

So for example, you can localize the key ClientServiceRequest.Label.Title for the text field that is default localized as the word “Title” to display as whatever you wish it to be

If you mean what actual fields display (i.e. the Unit field for selection of a client’s existing unit, the Reference # field, etc),no - each field is hard coded to be shown, as is hard coded to populate a specific service workorder entry screen field when the CSR is accepted.

The Help documentation section Feature Details > Customer Service Requests > Accepting a Customer Service Request to a New Service Workorder outlines what fields of the CSR populate what fields of the service workorder.

Yes, you can be notified when a client creates a new service request. Subscribe to the Notification Subscription called Client Service Request - New. Feature Details > Notification Subscriptions > Notification Subscriptions available to subscribe to lists all the avaiable notification subscriptions, and who is notified when subscribed.

But no, it is not possible to customize what fields are included in the notification. The notification is to bring it to the subscribed users attention. Detailed information about the service request can be viewed within AyaNova itself or via WBI.

*** Please note: We have just released AyaNova version 7. If you have previously downloaded and installed version 6 be sure to check out AyaNova 7 ***

• Joyce

Thank you for your reply, Joyce. Perhaps you could help me with something else:

Is it possible to install Ayanova Full plus WBI on a standalone machine? If so are there special instructions on how to do so? I’m not sure how to adapt the server/client instructions to this setup.

Yes you can! - you would need to network AyaNova on your computer first, as WBI requires that AyaNova be networked so that the database can be accessed by mulitple programs running at the same time.

Your computer would be the “server”.

For example, do the following:

1. Determine if you want to use Firebird Server or SQL Express 2008 (either one is free, just SQL is faster, but SQL does use up more memory and CPU) as per http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/which_database_should_i_use.htm

2. Then follow the specific networking instructions for that database server - i.e. if want to use SQL Express, then follow http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/network_sql_express_configurat.htm

• step #2 you will have to do as you need to select to install the Firebird SQL to Microsoft SQL utilty - just of course say No when it asks if you want to uninstall the existing database.

• and no need for step #7 as you don’t have any other networked computers that need to be set up

1. Once AyaNova is networked, then follow the WBI installation steps http://www.ayanova.com/WBI7webHelp/wbi_server_installation.htm

If you have not yet, do request a 30 day temporary key so that you can fully unlock AyaNova and all its optional add-ons including WBI so that you can fully try them out - http://www.ayanova.com/request.htm

Let me know anything else I can help with!

• Joyce

Thanks again. I am close to success, but I have run into a snag. I am getting IIS errors when I try to access the login page. After a bit of digging, I made some changes to the applicationHost.config in Windows, which allowed me to access the login page, but after logging in with hank/hank, I got another error page relating to other parts of the application, and this really isn’t my field.

I noticed that there is no MBI entry under the default website in the IIS manager. I assumed this was the Mobile Interface, which I did not install, but perhaps I have misunderstood there.

Also, installing on a standalone machine, I have no router. I have Apache running on this computer, so I have the default website configured to be accessed through port 8080. I can view the standard IIS start page at localhost:8080, but the Ayanova site gives errors.

Further to my previous question, this is the error message from IIS when I try to view Handler Mappings for AyaNovaWBI, under Default Web Site:

---------------------------
Handler Mappings
---------------------------
There was an error while performing this operation.

Details: 

Filename: \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI\web.config

Line number: 75

Error: This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Hi again Flood

I noticed that there is no MBI entry under the default website in the IIS manager. I assumed this was the Mobile Interface, which I did not install, but perhaps I have misunderstood there.

AyaNovaMBI would only show under the Default Web Site IF you installed it. If you did not install, that is correct, it would not show.

I am getting IIS errors when I try to access the login page. After a bit of digging, I made some changes to the applicationHost.config in Windows, which allowed me to access the login page, but after logging in with hank/hank, I got another error page relating to other parts of the application, and this really isn’t my field.

What is your operating system?
What was the specific text of the error message you received before you edited in your applicationHost.config file?
What exactly did you change in the applicationHost.config file?
Why did you make this change? (very important too!)
What is the exact text of the error you get when you log in after changing whatever it was in the applicationHost.config file?
Does WBI look correct when you log in, or is the navigation bar on the left all wonky etc?

We do recommend such as hthe topic If-you-have-an-issue - do not make other changes to your computer right off the bat without first checking WBI itself - don’t want to cause other issues as a result.

Do let me know the above, and then we can go from there.

• Joyce

What is your operating system?

Windows 7 Enterprise (64)

What was the specific text of the error message you received before you edited in your applicationHost.config file?

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Module	IIS Web Core
Notification	BeginRequest
Handler	Not yet determined
Error Code	0x80070021
Config Error	This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
Config File	\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI\web.config

Config Source

74:     </modules>
   75:     <handlers>
   76:       <remove name="ChartImage_axd" />

What exactly did you change in the applicationHost.config file?

I added

overrideMode="Allow"

to the 2 location overrides at the bottom of the file which pertain to AyaNovaDP and AyaNovaWBI. I also added

<modules />

to each of those entries’ <system.webServer> sections.

Why did you make this change? (very important too!)

I was really just experimenting based on info I found on the web, specifically a microsoft help page which followed on from a link on the first error page. When I added the overrideMode change, the error page changed to give the same ‘parent-permissions’ info, but relating to rather than , so that was why I added that change.

What is the exact text of the error you get when you log in after changing whatever it was in the applicationHost.config file?

Server Error in '/AyaNovaWBI' Application.
Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <configuration>\<system.web>\<httpModules> section in the application configuration.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <configuration>\<system.web>\<httpModules> section in the application configuration.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <configuration>\<system.web>\<httpModules> section in the application configuration.]
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_Session() +4461950
   Login.btnLogin_Click1(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +289
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +134
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +165
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Does WBI look correct when you log in, or is the navigation bar on the left all wonky etc?

The error page above is what I see when I click the green ‘tick’ icon on the login page, so no WBI at all.

When I saw that second error page I decided it was more than I was willing to try and troubleshoot by myself, so I reversed the changes I had made to the applicationHost.config.

Thanks for your help with this.

P.S. Here is a copy of the IIS logfile created when I reproduced those steps while writing my reply:

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.5
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2011-01-24 20:27:53
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken
2011-01-24 20:27:53 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 500 19 33 93
2011-01-24 20:37:18 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 500 19 33 0
#Date: 2011-01-24 20:37:33
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken
2011-01-24 20:37:33 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 500 19 33 109
#Date: 2011-01-24 20:38:07
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 200 0 0 3277
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/WebResource.axd d=Xes-H3rv66Fyt79ppw4_fd1krMp6dlXwtwif2ry_AWPua4Pjw78PlW5uPsmBHyRgdgFPUZh6tcQJt3Or2xYLAULmZd_p6Wbzi0Ubs9IDw-A1&t=634311505615052985 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 200 0 0 0
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/WebResource.axd d=gK4CUZMjSqdXk609Oo778REkxQsPn5Qcdrwe9AUUtUeR4TFCmkqzZ322g8-pgOZqmkF8xRqRVF4Pzxm7MotJ02a9UAB7xbw2lhhs8cF24LI1&t=634311505615052985 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 200 0 0 0
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/graphics/Login24.png - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 304 0 0 15
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/loginbanner.png - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 304 0 0 15
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/graphics/LoginPassword24.png - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 304 0 0 31
2011-01-24 20:38:07 127.0.0.1 GET /AyaNovaWBI/graphics/OK24.png - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 304 0 0 15
2011-01-24 20:38:14 127.0.0.1 POST /AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx - 8080 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.1;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.2.13)+Gecko/20101203+Firefox/3.6.13 500 0 0 1591

Hi again Flood

I found a Microsoft info about that initial error message - but with potentially 9 different resolutions for that error - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942055 - not just about editing the applicationhosts.config file

Might be something funky on your station - first let’s do the following to make sure we are not missing any steps of the WBI configuration itself:

1. Uninstall AyaNova WBI from control panel
  2. reboot
  3. remove AyaNovaWBI if still listed in IIS under Default Web Site
  4. Now perform the installation steps again as per http://www.ayanova.com/WBI7webHelp/wbi_server_installation.htm
  5. Then the steps for Windows 7 at http://www.ayanova.com/WBI7webHelp/wbi_server_configuration.htm
  • don’t worry about not having a router
  • you said that your Default Web Site it set to use port 8080 - just reconfirm what it is
  • your config.txt copied over to the bin folder
  • confirm both Default Web Site and AyaNovaWBI using the /NET 4 integrated application pool that was created automatically for you
  • confirm what rights IIS_IUSRS has
  1. Then onto testing - http://www.ayanova.com/WBI7webHelp/wbi_server_testing.htm
  2. what is your internal private ip address of this computer
  3. And testing on this computer itself
  • what is the specific result of URL http://localhost:8080/AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx - do you get the login page, and when you login, do you log in successfully? (if not, do provide full text of message)
  • what is the result of URL http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx (where xxx.xxx.xx.xxx is your internal private ip) - do you get the login page, and when you login, do you log in successfully? (if not, do provide full text of message or if exactly same as if using localhost)

Once we have confirmed those above, then can go on to other testing to narrow down where the issue is coming from.

It may be rights somewhere, it may be any one of the possible resolutions - but this way we are confirmed that part is done and then can check the other possibilities. Let me know!

• Joyce

Also too Flood, once you have confirmed the steps of the previous post, first thing I always check is ASP.NET and IIS - by reregistering again.

It seems to be a very common issue with Microsoft (you’ll see numerous posts through any forums to do with IIS etc too) that something between the two breaks - and reregistering fixes - including as some posts on the internet about that error has it resolved by doing so:

• Open a command prompt. (select Start -> Run -> type in cmd and press OK)
  • Navigate to ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319’ (type in CD C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ at the command prompt)
  • Type in aspnet_regiis.exe –i at the command prompt and press Enter (this is to register IIS and .NET again)
  • Reboot

But do make sure before doing the above, that you have confirmed all steps of WBI itself before hand (including the app pool used, rights, etc) - just so that something else isn’t also involved.

• Joyce

Joyce,

It appears to be working now! Thank you! Here are the details you requested, for completeness’ sake:

• you said that your Default Web Site it set to use port 8080 - just reconfirm what it is

Confirmed 8080

• confirm both Default Web Site and AyaNovaWBI using the /NET 4 integrated application pool that was created automatically for you

Confirmed - although the documentation does not specify that this should be done for the Default Web Site. Perhaps that should have been obvious to me, but I’ve never dealt with IIS or ASP before, so previously I had only set the Application Pool for WBI.

• confirm what rights IIS_IUSRS has

IIS_IUSRS rights: Read & execute; List folder contents; Read

At this point I tested the page, thinking that the Application Pool setting for the Default Web Site might have fixed the problem. When it didn’t, I followed your instructions to re-register ASP.NET. That seemed to be what resolved the situation.

1. what is your internal private ip address of this computer

192.168.0.1 - however, that is a Microsoft Loopback Adapter. I connect to the internet using a mobile internet device and do not have a network of any kind here. Typing in ipconfig at the command prompt provides that ip address and that of my mobile internet device.

Now diplays correctly.

• do you get the login page, and when you login, do you log in successfully? (if not, do provide full text of message)

Yes, login and resulting page both displaying correctly.

• what is the result of URL http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/AyaNovaWBI/login.aspx (where xxx.xxx.xx.xxx is your internal private ip) - do you get the login page, and when you login, do you log in successfully? (if not, do provide full text of message or if exactly same as if using localhost)

This does not work. I presume because of the situation described earlier; I don’t have a network setup here. The result is the standard Firefox error page:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.1:8080.

Great to hear resolved! And yes, sounds like the issue had to do with ASP.NET and IIS needing to be reregistered again.

Glad to have helped. I’ll have the docs looked into about the ASP.NET selection for the Default Web Site - it shouldn’t make a difference, but good to check if having any issues.

• Joyce

Hi Joyce - I’m back again! I’m getting an error page as described below.

Clicking on a workorder number in the WBI client screen gives the following error page:

Server Error in '/AyaNovaWBI' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0:  Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\qenizg5t.0.cs' could not be found
0:  No inputs specified

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: DevExpress.XtraReports.Serialization.XRSerializationException: 0:  Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\qenizg5t.0.cs' could not be found

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[XRSerializationException: 0:  Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\qenizg5t.0.cs' could not be found
]
   DevExpress.XtraReports.Native.ReportCompiler.Compile(Stream stream, IServiceProvider serviceProvider) +210
   DevExpress.XtraReports.UI.XtraReport.LoadLayoutInternal(Stream stream, XtraReport& source, Boolean forceDataSource) +206
   DevExpress.XtraReports.UI.XtraReport.LoadLayout(Stream stream) +35
   ReportView.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +449
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   BaseThemePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +284
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

This happened with workorders from the sample database and for a new request->workorder that I created for an existing database client.

Hi again Flood

This happened with workorders from the sample database and for a new request->workorder that I created for an existing database client

Please confirm - you are logged into WBI as a client, and you get this error when clicking on a workorder number which would normally bring up a report such as http://www.ayanova.com/WBI7clientwebHelp/viewing_existing_work_orders.htm

What is the name of the report template you have set for the client to use when viewing workorders - this would be #3 of http://www.ayanova.com/WBI7webHelp/wbi_client_configuration.htm

Please confirm - do you get the exact same error or any error when logged in as a regular AyaNova user (i.e. test or Herb or Hank) and open that same workorder number and select the same report template you have set for the client to use when viewing a workorder?

By

…and for a new request->workorder that I created for an existing database client

• do you mean that you also get the exact same error creating a new service request when logged in as a client? Or do you mean you get this same error when viewing the workorder that was created as a result of a service request from a client? (just want to make sure so know if this is to do with report viewing only, or also to do with creating a new service request)

When you initially view a report via WBI, it will initially create temporary files so that it can create the report - to the C:\Windows\Temp folder.

Can you post confirmation of the above - I have been setting up a 64bit station like yours to see if I can recreate what’s happening for you, just taking a bit with all the updates. Normally not aware of need to have to give any additional permissions other than what is stated in the WBI steps - it just being the C:\Windows\Temp folder - so just going to double-check while you post back about the above

• Joyce

Hi again Flood

OK, got this 64bit station up (service patches were taking all that time).

Installed AyaNova, configured for network use, installed WBI and set as per the installation steps.
Logged in as client abc and selected example workorder #70 which would open the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total report template as set in Global Settings via WBI for clients to view workorders.
Opens report fine.

When did so, the printing component will make initial temporary files to C:\Windows\Temp so that the report is created, and then deletes them (happens almost instanteously so barely see it).

No special rights given via IIS for this normally.

But am thinking if that is only where you are getting the error, and not also when creating a new service request, then I would say somehow perhaps your station has been set more restrictive, and its just need to troubleshoot what specific rights need to be checked and set.

Do the following so can confirm what you have right now:

1. Open Windows Explorer and move to the C:\Windows\Temp folder

2. Right click on the folder Temp and select Properties -> Security

3. click on the Advanced button near the bottom of the window that displays - so that it shows you Advanced security settings for Temp so you can see at a glance what users and what permissions etc

4. Make a screenshot and attach along with your post

5. For example, mine includes as per the attached, and I really only see difference from a computer that doesn’t have WBI and IIS on it, is that IIS_USRS has some special rights - but interestingly enough, doesn’t have write, just List folder/read data

Let me know what you have.

security

Joyce,

Adding IIS_IUSRS to C:\Windows\Temp permissions solved the problem, thanks. I really appreciate the trouble you’ve gone to help me.

:slight_smile:

Cool! Thank you for posting back and letting me know. Have a good evening!

• Joyce