Adding a task status

Hello Joyce,
Ian from Vermont Computing back again.

We use task group check lists to when inspecting customer’s computers that have been taken in for repair. The inspections take place prior to, and after the service has been performed. Is it possible to add “failed” to the task status choices?

Best regards,
Ian

Hi Ian

If you are not using the N/A option, you could create a custom locale for all AyaNova users and edit the standard text display for the key WorkorderItemTask.Label.CompletionType.NotApplicable to display text Failed instead of N/A

I will also move this for you into the Wish List section of the forum where we will certainly look into adding it in to a future release of AyaNova.

• Joyce

Unfortunately, we do use the N/A option. Does that mean we’re out of luck?

VtComputing (5/24/2007)Unfortunately, we do use the N/A option. Does that mean we’re out of luck?

No - that means if you do not use it, then you could change its text so that instead of saying N/A it says Failed.

• Joyce

Joyce,

Shame on you. You misread my previous reply.:wink:

We DO use the N/A option (as well as the “to do” and “completed” options). Is it possible to add the “failed” option?

I apologize for misreading your previous reply. If you are using the existing three options, than the suggestion I made will not work for you at this time.

I will move this for you into the Wish List section of the forum where we will certainly look into adding it into a future release of AyaNova.

• Joyce

Many thanks for your help. Even though you couldn’t come up with a solution, all of us at Vermont Computing feel AN is a great product and you are the superstar of customer support.

If you ever find yourself in Randolph, VT - I owe you a couple of beers (we’re located next door to Ashley’s Tavern) :hehe:

Best regards,

Ian