AyaNova 3.x - "Unhandled Exception" While updating client data fields

Client sent us new contact info. I happened to be in an open workorder for that client. While in the workorder, I clicked on the client button above the contact info field. Once the client data form was open, I clicked on the check box to change the primary contact from one contact to another. This results in the following crash:

[quote]Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Stack Trace:
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Update(Object obj, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Update(Object obj)
at CSLA.BusinessBase.Save()
at AyaNova.ClientInfoForm.(RecordActionType )
at AyaNova.ClientInfoForm.(Object , ToolClickEventArgs )
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
*** Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Update(Object obj, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Update(Object obj)
at CSLA.BusinessBase.Save()
at AyaNova.ClientInfoForm.(RecordActionType )
at AyaNova.ClientInfoForm.(Object , ToolClickEventArgs )
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.Ultr

emmtek (4/13/2006)Client sent us new contact info. I happened to be in an open workorder for that client. While in the workorder, I clicked on the client button above the contact info field. Once the client data form was open, I clicked on the check box to change the primary contact from one contact to another. This results in the following crash:

Hi

I am not able to reproduce the error - it may be because I am not performing the exact same steps as you, or have the exact same configuration or version.

Please provide the following information:

1. Are you using the default Firebird installation, the network Firebird configuration or SQL Server configuration?

2. Are you on a remote client station accessing via a Data Portal?

3. Are you using the latest version of AyaNova v3 (latest at this posting date is 3.1.3)?

4. Pleasetake a screenshot of the client screen before clicking on the checkbox to change the primary contact, and than a screenshot of the client screen after, embed into a Word document, zip up using WinZip and attach

5. Once you click on the checkbox for the Primary Contact, does the error occur immediately or do you select Save & Exit, or the Exit , or click elsewhere before the error occurs?

This additional information may allow me to reproduce the error, than we can identify why it is occurring.

Let me know.

• Joyce